Error with True Image 8 Bld796

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dustyroad, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustyroad

dustyroad Registered Member

All systems were go with v8 bld 786.

I downloaded v8 bld 796, installed over bld 786, then made a boot Cd with the program.

When I run True Image v8 bld 796 from XP everything seems to work.

When I run True Image v8 bld 796 from the boot disk, I get the following message during startup:

"hub c: connect-debounce failed, part 1 disabled"

Then it stops.

I have XP sp2, 2 ISA hard driveds, 1 firewire hard drive, and a USB2 stick. Also a USB hub for my printer and scanner.

Any ideas?

Thanks, David
    dusty@jadehouse.org

2. shezwhitey

shezwhitey Registered Member

I also received this error using build 796. It was on a Dell 8200 with a PCI USB 2.0 card. It appears the error was in regards to the port I had my USB 2.0 hard drive plugged into. I did several reboots and moving the usb drive around to a different port on the PCI card. Each time it gave me the same error with the corresponding port on the card. However, I let it go for about 5 minutes. When I came back in the room Acronis had finished loading and everything was fine.

I don't like the fact that the demo I was using (build 744) was pretty quick. The newer version (build 796) seems a lot slower to boot the rescue disk and now I get this error.

I am guessing that the increased load time is due to extra drives or some sort of new device detection being run at load time. However, the error is quite annoying.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello dustyroad/shezwhitey,

A known problem. Check out this <previous thread> and the embeded link for more information.

Regards

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

@Menorcaman

I read your thread. You might be interested to know that the latest Enterprise version boots faster than ever. That would seem to cast a poor light on the boot time of the regular version.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi beenthereb4,

Thanks for the info. I look forward to the next build of TI 8 (standard version).

As far as my system is concerned the increased boot time must have been introduced with build 791 as both it and build 796 take approx 60 secs o_O

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.