error while Bootable Rescue Media Builder

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jacobs, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacobs

Jacobs Guest

when i try to create a bootable resuce media builder everything works fine except that when i click the proceed button in the last step it shows 'Error burning the CD-R/RW'. Why is it happening.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Jacobs

Welcome to the Acronis True Image Support Forum. A few tips which may help:

1. Open "My Computer", right click on your CD/DVD burner, select "Properties" and then the "Recording" tab. Ensure the "Enable CD recording on this drive" box is not ticked.
    2. If using a CD+/-RW, ensure it's blank and not UDF formatted via packet writing software such as InCD etc.
    3. Load the blank CD-R/CDRW into your burner's drawer and then click "Proceed". Do not close the drawer manually otherwise TI may not detect your media.
    4. If using Roxio software, disable the Drag-to-Disk feature.
    5. Ensure the IDE controller your burner's connected to is operating in DMA mode.
    6. Unload all non-essential applications from your task bar.
    7. As a last resort, boot into Windows "SAFE" mode and then try creating the boot CD.

Regards

Last edited: Nov 14, 2004
  3. Jacobs

Jacobs Guest

Hi Menorcaman, thanks for your help. This time the cd was created with no error. After the CD was burned the software presented a dialog box which said
    "Congratulations! The Acronis True Image CD was successfully created. You may now restart your computer and boot from this CD. Please note: You should enable booting from CD-ROM drive in BIOS"
    Although my system is working perfectly fine then why should i boot from the CD or is it necessary to boot from the CD after it is burned.
    Can i burn some contents onto this CD as it is only 17.5 MB filled.

4. Jacobs

Jacobs Guest

Can't boot with the CD

Hi, could'nt edit my post that's why posting another in continuation, I tried booting from the CD but the PC refused to boot from the CD. what is the problem this time. I have checked the CD and it is not empty, contains some files in it (bootmenu.exe and other files) but still it does'nt boot at all.
    will i be able to run the CD (Rescue CD) if I had other Bootable media. If yes then which file should i run to run the application to restore my image (*.tib)

5. Menorcaman

Hi again

Taking your points one at a time:

If your system gets trashed, thereby preventing you booting into Windows, you will need to start True Image (TI) by booting from the Boot Rescue CD. Otherwise run TI from within Windows and, if restoring your active partition, you will be prompted to Reboot your system without the need to use the bootable CD.

No. The CD has been finalized. If you right click on it in Windows Explorer and select "Properties" you'll see there is no free space available.

In order to boot from the Rescue CD (in fact any bootable CD) you will need to enter your motherboard's BIOS and set the first boot device to CD ROM (remember to reset it back to what it was after you've finished using TI). Did you do this? If so, then at what point in the boot process did the your computer freeze (if it indeed it did freeze). Also, if you're not restoring images from a SCSI drive or external USB drive, create a "Safe" version of the bootable rescue disk and try booting from that. If your computer still freezes try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround posted by Acronis Support <here>.

You could possibly do something based on the procedure I posted <here>. However, I wouldn't recommend you go down this road. If, after following the advice above, you still can't boot from the TI Bootable Rescue CD then you should contact Acronis at support@acronis.com for further assistance.

By the way, it would help if you advised what operating system you're using, the version and build number of TI, the hard drive controllers fitted to your motherboard and whether they were operating in RAID mode.

Regards

6. Jacobs

Jacobs Guest

I am using version 8 build 774 of TI and Windows 98 SE (version 4.10.2222A ),Pentium III 750 MHZ Intel, 810e chipset.
    Just to check the Bootable Rescue CD i set the first boot device to CD-ROM and restarted my PC but when the computer started reading boot info from the CD it said ' searching for boot record from CD-ROM... Not Found' and then started normally from IDE - 0. Intel Application Accelerator's latest version is installed on my machine. Having Samsung 24X CD ROM as Secondary Master and Samsung DVD ROM 16X as primary slave. Tried to boot from both CD-Writer and CD-ROM. Using Nero 6.3.1.25. If the CD is not finalised then is it the main reason why the boot information is not been read from the CD? :(

7. Menorcaman

This really is most strange and sounds as if TI still hasn't created the bootable rescue disk correctly. Please try an unistall/reinstall of TI and then create a new boot rescue CD via the TI Recue Media Builder.

No need to use Nero Burning Rom to create the rescue disk other than to erase a rewritable disk if reusing a CD+/-RW. The CD is "finalized" automatically by the Recue Media Builder.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.