Error Splitting Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by daddave, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddave

daddave Registered Member

Hi All - I disabled eset NOD32 a/v and outpost firewall and deactivated onguard protection in pctools spyware doctor. I then tried to split the primary active partition (XP Home SP2) moving some files and rebooted on request. The software appeared to run to very nearly 100% progress but when I came back there was a message in the same progress screen saying application error (it did not say what type). I switched the machine off and back on since it appeared to be hanging on this screen (log says terminated by user?). On rebooting the new partition with the files moved into it did not appear in explorer. On running Disk Director the new partition was shown without any drive letter but have been able to assign letter with DD - this made partition visible in Explorer. Properties/errors takes a long time to "calculate" but indicated a corrupt file system for the new partition on at least one occasion and errors are showing up in Chkdsk.

The only thing I can now think I did wrong was that the original allocated letter for the new partition (though I don't remember it asking me to choose) was the same as a network mapping. Unfortunately I also seem to have unwittingly reversed the intended sizes for the old and new partitions 50/200 instead of 200/50 (don't know whether was misleading or just my mistake)!

Have submitted reports to Acronis #500031/#500088 - now wondering whether to risk "fixing" errors, deleting problem partition or attempt to recreate, or resize original back to what it was. Will (hopefully!) post resolution here for information soon.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello daddave,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

As I can see, our support engineer Aleksandr Isakov is already working on your issue. Please follow his instructions and send him the requested information if necessary.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.