Error Saving To Network Storage Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ncjimgir, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncjimgir

ncjimgir Registered Member

I've tried one large file as well as several smaller slices. Each time the error happens in the same spot.

Attached Files:

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Try the following and see if it helps:-

1. In Backup Options select the slowest backup speed (Lowest Priority)

2. Physically disconnect from the Internet.

3. Shutdown your AV software and your Firewall and any other "real-time" monitoring software (e.g. Spyware, WinPatrol, AdAware.... etc)

4. Check that the Logged On User on the backup machine has the necessary permissions to backup all the Folders. If not then logon with a User that has all the permissions. (Remember an Administrator does NOT have permission to access Restricted or Encrypted files of another user anywhere on the network).

Now try again.

T.

3. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Dont forget to add your user to the "Backup Operators" group, so he has access in backup mode to ALL files.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That's annoying to say the least.

Have you tried the backup from the Recovery CD. This would separate a problem with Windows on the local machine from a network problem.

Have you run CHKDSK /R to check both drives for errors?

5. ncjimgir

I've tried using the dos copy command and the same thing happens. What blows my mind is that if it's a permissions issue then why does it move 90% of the data before stopping?

6. AaronAnderson

AaronAnderson Registered Member

You're backing up over wireless? Kill that please. Go buy a long network cable and try it over a wire. I'd bet my job that your wifi just hiccups and kills acronis.

7. pad

pad Registered Member

I had a similar experienced trying to copy files between two machines over a wireless network. After a lot of troubleshooting I discovered that the wireless network connection on the source machine was actually resetting itself (after a bit of "heavy" network activity) and thus disrupting the transfer and causing problems similar to what you are experiencing.

I eventually managed to trace the root cause down to my USB network adaptor (a netgear USB adaptor). I never managed to figure out whether the problem was with the actual adaptor or the fact that it was a USB one. I replaced the USB adaptor with a PCI one (again Netgear) and the problem went away.

Incidentally I had exactly the same problem with a different USB netgear adaptor on a different machine. This does not provide any more info on whether USB or netgear are to blame, but this was enough to put me off USB NICs.

Hope this helps.

Pete

8. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Ncjimgir,

Can you please confirm or not as to whether you are using wireless.

I have re-read you posts but cannot see any text reference to wireless. The only indication that you are using wireless is the icon in your screenshot which is the wireless icon.

If you are using wireless then you should follow the advice given by Aaron and take into account the comment by Pete.

T.

9. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Not only that TI does not support any flavor of wireless. Buy the cable.

10. ncjimgir

Already did that and I still have the problem.

11. ncjimgir

No, the connection is wired.

I appreciate all of the help so far.

Thanks.

12. jmk94903

And does the backup work from the TI Recovery CD?

13. ncjimgir

I'm not sure what you mean, I've tested and recreated this problem on a total of 4 computers both wired and wireless. I'm going to try some of the suggestions made thus far and will respond back with the results.

Thanks for the help.

14. jmk94903

What I meant was have you tried booting one of the systems from the TrueImage Recovery CD and running the backup in the Linux environment? That eliminates local Windows programs or services as a source of the problem.

However, you can create the error on 4 computers. The common factor is the storage location. Where are you trying to store the images? Brand, model, etc.

Have you tried storing the image of one computer in a different location such as a folder on one of the other computers on the network?

If this works, it eliminates the network itself (router, switches, NICs) as the source of the problem and points the finger directly at the storage location.

Keep us informed. This is an interesting and important problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.