error on Incremental Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paintguy, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paintguy

paintguy Registered Member

I have just upgraded to TI 8. I have done a succesful full bup.

Today I perfomed my first incremental ( that is why I upgraded!!). I got a 'invalid file size error' which I am not too pleased about...after singing the praises of ACROINIS. So ...so far no incremental backup. Any ideas why this is so?

I am runnning Wins 98SE.

http://www.peruchildrenstrust.org.uk/images/TI_error.gif

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Try running scandisk on your partition(s) before running TrueImage.

3. paintguy

Tried that but still have the same problem. I am wondering whether Acronis will give me a version of TI7 to try ........

4. paintguy

It looks like you canperform an incrementla backup depending on which part of the full backup file you choose ( isthis undoucmented?) ie. if you do a full backup and it create 3 tib files. Then you try and append an incremental bup to th efirst file ....it fails. However if you try and apend anincremental backup to the last file then it works. This may be logical ...then again it may not be. The manual is stangely silent about incremental backups......... outside the secure zone.

Am I really the first person to have this problem?......

5. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

I have not seen this issue. I have a scheduled incremental backup. It's set up to use the first backup image as the "base" for the incremental backup. It works fine that way. (I don't have to keep selecting the last image of the set for it to work)

6. paintguy

This bug still causes a problem on Scheduled back ups. Basically I get the same error message when TI8 tries a scheduled backup. I would appreciate a response from Acronis on this (I have also logged a suport call by email).

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

If you contacted our Support Team they will reply to you ASAP. (if not yet)

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.