Error on backup - happens every time.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HoverDonkey, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoverDonkey

HoverDonkey Registered Member

Hi - I am using Acronis True Image Home 2009 (Build 9709) on Windows Vista Ultimate x64.

I am running a Core i7 920 on a Asus P6T Deluxe mobo, with 6Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 295 gfx card and Creative Soundblaster Titanium Fatal1ty Pro sound card - all my drivers are fully up to date.

I am trying to perform a scheduled daily incremental backup of a folder in the Program Files (x86) directory of my C: drive, but am constantly given the error message "Failed to backup file or folder".|Specified file does not exist.: None". I have tried enabling and disabling User Account Control with no difference in outcome.

When I click ignore the backup seems to complete OK and I have validated the archive successfully.

But what should be an automated task, carried out when the PC is unattended is turning into a manual task. Also, I'm not confident the backup is successful when True Image keeps reporting the backup as failed.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HoverDonkey,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

What is the size of the source folder? Could you please provide us with the exact path to this folder (for example, C:\Documents and Settings\Hover\My Documents). Have you tried to backup the folder under Acronis Booting Rescue Media?

We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. HoverDonkey

HoverDonkey Registered Member

Hi - thanks for your response.

The path of the folder I'm backing up is "c:\Program Files (x86)\World Of Warcraft".

The source folder is in the region of 16Gb and contains literally 1000s of files.

And no, I haven't tried to backup the folder under Acronis Booting Rescue Media.

Could it be related to UAC protection in Vista? Would it be worth moving the source folder out of the Program Files (x86) folder and plonking it in the root directory?

Thanks in advance for your response.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HoverDonkey,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Launch application -> Tools -> Options -> Default Backup Options -> Error handling -> check box under “Do not show messages and dialogs while processing” (silent mode). This will help to avoid pop-up messages.

What is the destination place for the backup? If you are using external drive then try local drive and see if the issue persists. Also check disk for errors:

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.