Error messg. Nod32KUI

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by RISHI, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

New Member from Texas and I need some assistance with control panel o_O
    Have ver.2.50.19 installed and have installed and rebooted numerous times even from clean and with different programs, this is my current problem.
    ON startup, no splash, no tray. Manually executing NOD32.exe will bring up scanner.
    Manually Executing Nod32KUI.exe. will bring up ERROR MESSAGE "Error occured during communications with Nod32 Kernel Services" title of message is NOD32KUI. Across the face of splash screen which quickly disappears. Each exe. will be the same. control panel never works but Scanner does.
    NOW THE kicker is if I execute the Nod32Krn.exe manually nothing of notice happens, but IF I "NOW" EXE THE NodKUI.exe manually, the spash opens and sets in tray as it should and works like it was designed. I can QUIT the program and it will start properly at start/progs or exe the KUI in the folder, manually.
    BUT I HAVE TO EXE Nod32Krn manually each and everytime I reboot before control panel operates correctly.No tick in spash screen options :oops: reinstalled KERNEL32.DLL in Win/Systems also.
    OPSY 98SE
    Would like it to operate auto, as designed. Thanks for any suggestions

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Rishi:

Welcome to Wilders!

How about downloading v2.50.25 (which is the current) and installing over the top to see if it corrects your issue.

3. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

THANKS rumpstah, But I got this right off the only spot I found. THIS is TRIAL version and could you tell me where to get the 2.50.25 at. :D

4. rumpstah

Which security programs do you have running?

Is there an HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\nod32kui.exe /waitservice entry?

5. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

rumpstah, there is NO entry in RUN for NOD32, also I checked all run and runs ect. nothing
    I am trying to figure out what turns nod32KRN on at startup. seems like it never gets executed on startup. have program called "DEPENDENCY" whic shows all DLL's that are depentant on KRN. Out of 20 or so only 6 will not show size of file??. all others do. but don't know what to do with the info any way. but I am still working on it.

6. rumpstah

Are you running another AV?

In the Control Center/Amon/Setup - Security tab is the "Enable automatic startup of AMON" checked?

7. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

rumpstah, No other AV on board, uninstalled E-Trust before Installing NOD32
    Also Security tab is :oops: checked.
    Have AD-WATCH monitoring but also disabled it but no change.
    SPYWAREGUARD is installed and has realtime monitor but I think it only scans when on the net? I think o_O I will kill it to make sure.

spywareguard removed and no difference.

Out of 6 DLL'S with no file size given(dependency program) I can do a find search and only Nod32krr.dll cannot be found. all other dll's are in place. Can you check to see if you have this DLL?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  8. fosius

fosius Registered Member

And have you tried adding new startup entry to RUN section? Has this solved your problem with starting NOD32KRN.EXE?

9. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Judging by the symptoms you're experiencing, it sounds almost as if there was no box checked for "Start Automatically" when it was first installed? That would explain why you can start the kernel (NOD32KRN) manually and then run the console (NOD32KUI) to have it work.
    Also, make sure the system variables TMP and TEMP are defined and the directories to which they point actually exist. Check their permissions and make sure that you are able to write into them. To check, right click the My Computer icon, select Properties, click Advanced, Environment variables - System variables.

HTH

Jack

10. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

fosius Hello, thanks for input

NO have not added start up entry to run, in fact I don't know how and
    what or WHERE

all entries in registry for nod32 are in nod32 tree in software.
    rumpstah said to check the following:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\nod32kui.exe /waitservice entry?
    but
    it seems to me that going thru microsoft\windows for run is not right or is it?cause all the nod32 has it's own tree in software\ will check in nod tree for entry.

11. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

anotherjack hello, don't remember any box for "start automatically" but it does come ON on the FIRST reboot after install, no subsequent reboot will start nod32
    Install works ok, and then reboot the install and it works works like it was designed to. but not on any other reboot

After Properties no advanced tab, nor any enviro-varib nor system variables
    Nor simular in all the tabs or buttons . OPSY is 98SE

12. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Sorry, I forgot that NOD32KRN.EXE's entry is not written in RUN section.
    Try this:
    1. Start->Run, type there: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s
    2. Find NOD32 Kernel Service -> Properties
    3. Check if option Run Automatically is selected....if not set Run Automatically, press OK an reboot computer to see if the problem is solved:)

13. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi RISHI,

Did you have Ad-Watch running when you installed NOD? If so, it more than likely blocked some of the registry entries including the start-ups. You need to disable Ad-Watch before you do the install.

14. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

fosius

. Start->Run, type there: %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s

error message: cannot find the file or any of it's components. wow o_O

15. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

thanks Kent

manually turned the ad watch monitor off AND used END IT ALL BEFORE INSTALL EVERY THING RUNNING WAS TURNED OFF BUT ALAS AND WOE IS ME

16. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Try to find file %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc and run it manually.

17. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Or go to Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Services . It is probably an easier way of getting there.

18. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

:D GOOD NEWS I fell into the FIX with a lot of help from you goodguys

I learned a lot and I want to thank you all for it. :D

What happens when a BIG company does sloppy work, you get to leave only half of a REMOVAL behind, so who cares not them. CA or Computer Assosciates and their E-Trust Antivirus left instructions in Config files and AUTOEXE files plus I file in win/syst and numorous other data, folders and garbage plus 3 registry keys in RUN
    3 registry keys would not delete with jv16 power tools, ad-watch would load run keys before nod32 so had to delete Ad-watch and use regedit to delete Keys and now Nod32 has entry in run for NOD32KRN which starts whole ball rolling. I see Nod32 does not write to Config or Autoexe. It was scary to delete in the config and autoexe files but I did it ok and now after 8 restarts i can confirm it's working as designed.
    RECAP: junk from last virus program left in critical keys (3) would not stay deleted until config and autoexe changed.
    Ad-Aware complicit by allowing old keys to load first from the config and autoexe before Nod could access the run file to turn on nod32krn which was stopped from being placed in run, by ad-watch could not find a run line that
    rumpstah said to lok for but now its there and locked in. OH party tonight!!
    Super Guys on this board and thanks again and I will hang around to see what else I can find.
    RICHARD

19. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Sweet! I'm not sure what you just said, but sweet! :)

Heh, seriously, that is good news. So it sounds like it came down to stuff from the old AV not uninstalling all the way, combined with Ad-watch not allowing NOD32 to install itself all the way. Glad to hear you got it all sorted.

By the way, are you using Win98/ME? The reason I ask is that you mentioned having to edit config.sys and autoexec.bat . Windows 2000/XP do not use these files. That would actually explain why you could not find the "services.exe" mentioned by Fosius, because that does not exist in Win98/ME.

20. RISHI

RISHI Registered Member

alglove , that is right I have 98SE , my next opsy will be XP pro. yea I really looked for that file, and I even turned on Hidden Files but no find. Every time I start up the nod would not run. Had Tech support looking for conflicts in programs and looking for non existing files ect ect. and this was just the Trial version. Don't want E-Trust back on my sys again. plan to use nod32 now that I got it set up. Even after the cleanup and registry clean and some folders to delete I thought it was clean of ETRUST but the config and auto exe was the last I checked. So do all the system inspecting after a major program removal like virus before installing another.
    Thanks for the goodshow
    Richard :D

just noticed we both are in Houston TEX, great :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.