Error message from DefenseWall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sweater, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    After installing DefenseWall Hips on my pc and tried to open up my Firefox browser this thing pop out.

I closed firefox, but then I tried to opened it again but it say Firefox is running but when I check Task Manager there's no Firefox running there. I opened DefenseWall and disable Firefox in the Untrusted list it turns red and I tried to opened Firefox again then it open and I enable again Firefox in the Untrusted list of DefenseWall.

Why is that so?

Are DefenseWall already working to protect the system automatically even without changing the default configurations?

Attached Files:

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

Re: Defensewall 60% off sale on softpedia

i can see from your image you're running Defensewall sandboxedo_O

turn sandboxie off and get rid of either SB or DW.
    you don't need those 2 running at the same times.

3. sweater

Yap...I thought that'l worked together for better protection but it's incompatible. So now, I don't use Sandboxie anymore.

By the way...I coundn't update my newly installed NOD32 antivirus. I tried to check out DefenseWall Personal Firewall but I was puzzled in how to configure it's firewall to let this antivirus to pass thru to their update server.

Do I have to Add it and allowed it? o_O

Attached Files:

4. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

You're sure that DefenseWall's firewall is blocking the AV update? I've used several different AV's with DW, and never had to change the firewall settings, although I haven't used Nod32. To make sure DW is blocking, temporarily disable first the inbound and then the outbound firewall by right-clicking on DW's tray icon. If you find DW is blocking the update, open DW's interface and click on the firewall tab. Click on Add and select the executable that Nod uses to update itself. Then select "Allow for untrusted" at the next pop-up. Lastly, click apply to save the change. Nod should now be able to update. If not, contact Ilya at -support@softsphere.com-, he is very helpful and will quickly get the problem fixed.

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

@sweater: You do not need to change anything from default. DefenseWall Personal Firewall does not control/interfere with antivirus functioning including updates. It deals with internet facing applications including browsers, media players, PDF readers, messengers, download managers, flash, and downloaded/untrusted files only. There should be other reason for NOD32 antivirus update issue.

6. sweater

I tried the suggestion of one poster in NOD32 thread. Uninstalled DW and NOD32 then re-installed first the NOD32 then after re-boot re-installed again the DW. But to my surprise....the Firewall section of DW was gone. :eek:

I was surprised and couldn't figure it out. So what I did is just download another DW from their site to regain the Firewall section again.

Is there a need to remove first DW w/out firewall before should I install the other DW or it will just ok to install the other one? This is a trieal version, 2 days of use.

Attached Files:

7. sweater

Problem solved. I just re-installed it over the top of the other.

Is there a need to disable windows xp firewall when using DefenseWall Personal Firewall?

8. moontan

moontan Registered Member

no, you'll be fine.
    despite the name DWPF is not a *firewall*.

9. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

It's not a traditional "firewall" but it it does have control network traffic on the computer that it's installed on. I believe Ilya calls it a sandbox firewall, but it is indeed a firewall of some kind; along with a HIPS :thumb:

10. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Just download comodo firewall test, all the Matousec fire wall tests, run them as untrusted and you see how great a firewall/HIPS it is. :thumb:

11. cgeek

cgeek Registered Member

I just tested DWPF against CLT very impressive indeed. It scored 330/340 but in theory scored 340/340. Dropped file was labeled untrusted! :D :thumb:

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

13. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yep,

Remember during beta testing DW scored a 100% percent on Matousec also, for some reason Matousec did not want to add DW

I don't know whether Ilya tried againg with matousec after Matousec changed it to 'Challenge' or something. COnsidering the removal of OA (for not paying), I see Matousec as a platform where some vendors are tested (when they are not asked for it) for free, just to give the contenders paying for the test a nice reference audience.

14. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

The way David Matousec was answering my e-mails was so impolite, I will never contact him or answer his e-mail again. Forget about his "test platform", it's irrelevant. Just look at the bottom of the the "Proactive Challenge" winner PDF report file (yes, yes, Comodo)- it was tested with its sandbox turned off manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.