"ERROR $LogFile restart pages differ" in UD.

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Banshee, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Hi,

Any of you still unable to use the boot time defrag? I'm getting this error and therefore can't do an offline defrag :(

Any news or workaround re: this problem appreciated. Thanks .

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Yes, I am *still* getting the same error in UD. I have not read about, nor am I aware of, any workaround and would also appreciate an update on the issue.

I know the problem has been reported to the vendor but there's been absolutely no word regarding a fix since......and that was about a month and a half ago. I certainly hope it doesn't take Disktrix anywhere near as much as time to provide a fix as it did to release the boot time module (which was basically promised no later than sometime around the end of August and not released until December).

3. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

4. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Thanks for the report, Banshee. Definitely disappointing to learn that they haven't been able to track the issue down (if nothing else), but at least they actually responded to your email.

5. warpete

warpete Registered Member

I noticed that the first Post is dated January 20th, 2009. It is now April the 10th., 2009 and still no fix for the problem. I have had the exact same " $Logfile restart pages differ " and " $Logfile is not clean " problems since long before Jan. 20th. I have emailed and emailed and emailed---all to no avail. I have NEVER been given the courtesy of a reply even to say "we don't know what the problem is". Now UD is pushing "DefragExpress" and they want MONEY for it, so I downloaded the trial and tried it. I had to completely reinstall my OS as after I ran the program I could no longer boot and nothing I could do in the Recovery Console would help. Not FIXMBR, not FIXBOOT--nothing. Interesting. DefragExpress is basically the same thing as "Smart Defrag", but Smart Defrag is free and hasn't caused me any problems. As you may have guessed, after so many months without a fix, I ate my loses and uninstalled UltimateDefrag. DiskTrix does NOT stand behind their product. You can tell me otherwise all you want, but then explain to me why I have NEVER receive a response from DiskTrix after many, many attempts over many, many months. Please explain that to me Mr. Moderator. I now use Vopt and I am very, very happy with it. Live and learn!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.