Error initializing several things

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by The fox, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The fox

The fox Registered Member

Today when I started the computer, NOD32 informed me that it failed to initialize several of its components, listed below:

Time Module Event User
    2009-06-12 14:22:44 Kernel Error initializing file submission system (Used to send suspicious files for analysis)
    2009-06-12 14:22:44 AMON Unable to load file system monitor.

It also says that NOD32.000 is damaged.

I have tried several things which I read regarding such problems, such as deleting all files in update folder in the Eset folder then running a manual update, deleting the files in that folder then rebooting etc, but alas, nothing has worked. Is there anything I could possibly have overlooked? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

You should uninstall and after the reboot delete the ESET folder in Program Files. Then reinstall.

BFG

3. The fox

I assume there is no easier way to fix it?

Alright, I just reinstalled it over the version that was, it appears to be working now. Only thing is that the windows security center is reporting that NOD32 virus list may be out of date, altho I believe that will fix itself. If not, is there anything I can do regarding that?

Nevermind, it updated itself to the correct version. Thank you for your help, it will not be forgotten.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello The fox,

Thank you for letting us know.

Something caused that corruption though so you might want to run an In-depth analysis or look in the Windows Event Viewer to see if there's mention of it.

BFG

5. The fox

I suspect that the lack of space on my HD could have caused it, as I read that interrupted updates could cause these kind of things, or could this only have been caused by, say, a virus?

6. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello The fox,

Lack of hard drive space will cause issues everytime a program needs it and it isn't available. That could very well be the cause and if it is, don't run a scan.

BFG

7. The fox

I thought as much, I have been having problems keeping up enough free HD space for awhile now, usually laying at just a few MB, I managed to free up alot of space tho and just to be sure, I am running a scan with NOD32. Altho I doubt it will find anything, in the past it has managed to catch all attempts by viruses to be downloaded onto the computer, and that combined with me almost using FF to all my internet needs has truely helped.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your help.

8. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

It's my pleasure but I don't know if a scan is a good thing to do.

When NOD32 scans an archive it opens it up in a temp folder to do so. That requires a good deal of space. Did you exclude them from the scan?

BFG

9. The fox

I have just gone through a scan of the main drive on the computer with NOD32, nothing was found so I am almost 100% percent certain it had to do with my HD space, which has now been increased and hopefully this problem will cease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.