Error E0004001A: Failed to restore...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ha2dorff, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ha2dorff

ha2dorff Registered Member

I bought True Image Home Yesterday.
    To test the software, I made a total backup (no reported errors) and than tried to restore:
    The error message E0004001A appear (enclosed).

If I choose "Ignore" several times, the document IS restored succesfuly and the information "The operation was successfully completed" is shown...

What can be wrong? Is it possible that it can be my virus protection software (PC-cillin from Trend Micro)?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  2. ha2dorff

So I'm the only one with this problem?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ha2dorff,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details? What exactly did you try to perform? Did you create a backup of files/folders (file backup) or disks/partitions image? What files/folders you trying to restore? Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also send us the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- Run the program;
    - Select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - Select the log with error messages;
    - Click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

After that please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I note the error message says fordi brukes av en annen prosses (because another process is using it or perhaps running). What runs in your My Document folder on drive D: ?

The CreateFileW is a 'C' or 'C++' windows API for Create a handle or stream fora file and open it in write mode - this might mean it is a spyware or someother disk utility that is getting the hump. Seems an unlikely thing for a A/V software to do, but for example I could see something like a spyware or Malware /firewall utilty to try and block - perhaps if you don't have a cable/ADSL connection to the internet or you go through a router you could try stopping these services in services.msc, rebooting and see if the problem remains.

Vi sees Colin

5. ha2dorff

Hi, and thanks for your respond!
    The solution was to delete the backup-file and do the backup one more time.
    After that the restore works fine. :D

After finishing the backup that I was not able to restore, True Image reported that "Operation has succeeded". So I will for ever wonder if the reason to my problems was a bad backup or problems with the restore...

The worse thing that can happen is to NOT be able to restore the day you really need it. That's the reason I did the backup/restore test the day I bought True Image. So when this test failed on the first attempt, it makes me nervous... :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.