Error E000101F4: TI has not found any hard disk drives

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rounder, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rounder

rounder Registered Member

I am running TI v. 7, Build 638 on a brand new MPC computer, with Windows XP SP2 and almost all the updates already loaded. It has a WD SATA 120GB (WD1200JD-00HBB0) HD that I formatted with FAT32 into 4 partitions. The controller is an Intel 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller (driver date 6/29/04 v. 4.5.0.6515).

When I start TI I get the message Error E000101F4: Acronis True Image has not found any hard disk drives. I can not even create a backup (unlike most on the forum who can make the backup but cannot restore it), let alone restore one. Interestingly, behind the error text box was another one saying (Processing, please wait...)

Any specific suggestions? I read through much of the other posts, some of which were too technical for me, or irrelevant. I do not want to spend a week trying to figure this out and do not intend to upgrade unless it can be guaranteed that the upgrade will work with my system. (Not likely.)

One other thing. What is the file SnapAPI_s_e.exe for? Does it upgrade the corresponding .dll file? Can it be used on version 7 of TI? Will it help with the problem I am having?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rounder,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that we do not support Acronis True Image 7.0 any more. We also strongly recommend you to update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 826 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Then please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send the c:\snapapi.log file to support@acronis.com along woth the link to this thread.

The SnapAPI module is in charge of all I/O operations on the hard disk of Acronis software working in Windows. SnapAPI.exe file updates the SnapApi module.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello rounder,

Why not just download the free trial version of TI 8 Build 826? It will let you test everything (e.g. bootable rescue CD creation, create and verify an image, hard drive detection after booting from rescue CD etc) other than completing an actual restore of your main system partition (understandably!). If it all works then fine, buy it. If it doesn't then you have the choice of working with support@acronis.com to try and sort it out or moving on to some other imaging software.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.