Error during cluster resize operation - empty destination block (502 0x101F6)

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by j0lx, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j0lx

j0lx Registered Member

Hi All,

Has anyone tried to resize clusters on an NTFS partition and received the following error?

Error
    Module: 1
    Error code: 502 (ox101F6)
    Internal error: empty destination block (0X70001)
    Tag: 0xF4AA20A178AC0BC0

It is preventing me from resizing the 512byte clusters on my HDD to something more sensible like 4K.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
    j0lx

2. Mike89

Mike89 Registered Member

I'm having the exact same problem trying to do this with Acronis Disk Director 10. Can't figure out how to do it.

3. Mike89

Mike89 Registered Member

I finally changed the size of the clusters from 512 bytes to 4kb by using Partition Magic 8. It worked like a charm (be prepared for it to take quite some time to do, around 1-2 hours per hard drive). For some reason Disk Director can't do this.

When I had contacted Acronis tech support, they sent me the iso to try it that way booting from disk. The result was the same. They said they only have one other case of this happening in their data base with no resolution. They didn't have any useful feedback at all about fixing this issue. I think the reason they only have one other in the data base is that hardly anyone actually does this (change cluster size). Clearly there is something wrong with this program on that issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.