Error: (CHK008) not possible to remove another system from this license at this time

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by davidbaldwin, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidbaldwin

davidbaldwin Registered Member

This has to do with the MyPrevx web control panel (Manage Machines)
    I have also submitted this to Prevx support with some personal details.
    -----------------------------------------
    What is going on with MyPrevx?

I have recently rebuilt 2 computers. Both had Prevx re-installed after a hard drive replacement. A 3rd computer had Prevx uninstalled because of an issue that was acknowledged both by Prevx Support and in this forum.

Because one of the rebuilt computers has the same name and one has a different name, Prevx gave me an error today:
    "L044: The number of systems supported by this license has been reached"

Of the 4 computers we own, only 2 currently have Prevx installed, and the license is valid for 4.

I have tried to de-activate Prevx on some machines listed in the MyPrevx Manage Machines applet. I could delete one. I am now getting:
    "Error: ( CHK008 ) It is not possible to remove another system from this license at this time"

What? Why can't I remove systems from this license in MyPrevx? What am I supposed to do? That error should not even exist. I should be able to de-activate Prevx on any machine using MyPrevx.

What's going on?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

MyPrevx has limitations built into it to prevent abuse, however, these limitations are very strict. Could you please send me your license key so that I can reset your active PCs?

Thank you!

3. davidbaldwin

davidbaldwin Registered Member

Thanks for the offer. Since I sent this to Prevx Support as well, they responded by de-activating all 5 computers listed (3 of the 5 are the same machine because of the recent rebuilds). I can now re-activate them one at a time as required.

Is Prevx still valid for 4 machines as it was last Feb, or is it now a pay-per-machine cost (as it appears to be looking at the sales website)?

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Glad to hear you've been fixed :) You can still purchase multi-PC licenses (the license system has not changed at all), however, the default purchase is a one PC license unless you explicitly select more than one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.