Error: Cannot delete dlprotect: access is denied

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by theurgy48, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theurgy48

theurgy48 Registered Member

Hello, I've read through the posts here and would like to thank all of the moderators for their continued voluntary efforts.

This is my first thread posting (ever) so if I've jumped the gun and not done my research appropriately I apologize in advance.

I'm trying to remove SG from my computer. I've followed the instructions from posts: 1/2/05, 1/10/05, 2/3/04, + 8/29/03. I've accessed SG from the task bar (lower right hand corner of my screen) & exited it via the instructions provided. I've also saved/ran 'SG-remov-hook.reg (direct file link)'. I've rebooted my computer after any/every change & I'm still not able to remove SG.

SG is no longer listed in my control panel, and no longer appears in the task bar menu. However it does appear in my start menu: The live update short cut still pops up in my start menu & when I opt for deletion a window appears saying I should add/remove programs from control panel- but SG is not listed in my control panel (I've deleted the SG from my start menu anyway, but it still returns to haunt/mock my efforts to exorcize it).

When I right click on the SG icon (in the start menu) for properties, then 'find target', I find :'dlpretect.dll 2.2.0.0 spyware gurad download protect'. When I try to delete this file/folder I receive the error message listed as the title for this posting followed by: 'Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that thte file is not currently in use'. This file was joined with another SG file that I was able to delete after running 'SG-remove-hook.reg (direct file link)'. I also manually deleted other files from this folder after removing SG from my task bar menu -which seems 'wrong and backwards to me'. I thought I would be able to remove the program from the control panel once I've selected the 'exit' option from SG in the task bar. This does not seem to be the case.

I am not at all sure what to do at this point. I am clearl out of my league. Any assistance anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated...

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi theurgy48. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Try reinstalling Spywareguard then go throught the steps again to remove it.

Make sure these processes,

SGMAIN.EXE

SGBHP.EXE

are not running in task manager after exiting Spywareguard.

snowbound

3. theurgy48

theurgy48 Registered Member

snowbound-

thank you so much for your time an energy. After downloading and then removing SG from my computer, per your advice, I received a message stating that the files left behind by SG could be removed manually. -Much to my joy they were.

Thank you so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.