Erratic restores/imaging time

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alexm123, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexm123

alexm123 Registered Member

Hi,
    Iam using TI image to restore computers with exactly same hardware spec . several restored in 13 min or less (very nice).but some computers take 3Hrs+ and up to 2 days, the restored computers are new,
    Hard drive never bean used.
    Similar problem I have with the image making , I build new computer and make a image (with the boot cd) in many cases the boot process stop with error or if it boot up the imaging process can take a day or best case 9-10 hrs, in other instant only 15-20 min (different computer same exactly spec).
    All computers have very basic spec. one hard drive, Intel motherboard, floppy, dvd. No video , nic or sound cards (all embedded) .
    The image to be restored is on external USB hard drive .

I like the TI application but this erratic behavior make it very unreliable and useless for me.

Any help will be appreciate .

Thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Interesting. If the hardware is indeed identical I would check the BIOS revision level and also reset the BIOS values to the default. I had a similar problem previously where I couldn't get the TI boot CD to load the Linux Full version. I updated the BIOS for some other reason and TI then worked. I first assumed that it was the update that fixed it but later I realized that I also had reset the BIOS to the default values after updating so this may have been the reason it worked.

I found from previous experience it is always a good idea to reset a fresh BIOS installation to the defaults and then make the desired modifications.

Running TI on a system that is overclocked or with aggressive memory-timings is not a good thing to do!

3. alexm123

Bios Is always updated and the same version on all identical computer .computers are not overclocked.

Thanks

4. seekforever

Are all of the components exactly identical?

Same USB external drive all the time?

Some thoughts:

Are you plugging the USB drive into a rear port all of the time? Rear ports may be slightly than front ports because of shorter cable lengths and less noise.

What version of TI are you using? Try the latest, you may have a marginal Linux driver which is so close to the edge it doesn't work well on some systems.

Have you tried making a new TI CD?

5. alexm123

“Are all of the components exactly identical?”
    Yes, I order (and check)that all the component are the same for etch Customer (can be up to 24 computer for one Customer )
    “Same USB external drive all the time?”
    Yes
    “Are you plugging the USB drive into a rear port all of the time?”
    Yes
    “What version of TI are you using?”
    True Image 9.1 Build 3920 Server
    “Have you tried making a new TI CD?”
    Yes

6. seekforever

If that isn't the latest version try the latest.

Download TI11 home trial and try it. It will possibly have better support for newer hardware.

7. alexm123

Thanks I will give it a try.
    Do you know if TI 11 can work with TI 9.1 images ?

8. seekforever

Don't know for sure but I think it will since the TI9 format is the same as TI10 and they say they guarantee 1 level back compatibility. However, if it doesn't work use TI11 to make an image to try. The Windows part of the trial will make images etc for 30 days. The trial boot CD that is created will only restore existing images.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alexm123,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the problem computer(s).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.