ERAS Replication broken?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by coiter, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coiter

coiter Registered Member

Im having a strange problem with eras replication from my replica servers.

after upgrading to 4.0.1242 and 4.0.136 on my servers, they have stopped to replicate their status to the main server.

logging into to the server, and check teh server options, it just says "Replication not run yet"

if i initiate the replication manually it works just fine, and next time i log into the lower replica servers the same status will show again, that it hasnt run yet.

i cant find anything in the event log that should indicate that there are problems with services.

they are all running 4.0.122 or 4.0.136 on the ERAS Servers, and running WIndows 2003 Server.

any ideas?

2. coiter

coiter Registered Member

bump.

eras is now running 4.0.138 on all servers, and stil have the same issue.

they are on the inside of the firewall so there is nothing blocking it.

3. coiter

coiter Registered Member

is there anywhere i can debug check the service to see if it runs the way it should?

4. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Enable replication from, then add the downstream machine. On the upper server, from a command prompt, run:

netstat -a | find "LISTENING"

to make sure its running. Then, run:

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq era.exe"

Take note of the Process ID (PID) of era.exe. Then, run:

netstat -a -o | find "LISTENING" | find "<pid of era>"

The results of that netstat command will be all ports on which era.exe is listening. Init info in era.log will tell you if it binds to the port successfully, if the logging is set high enough.

Now on the lower server, telnet into the upper server on port 2846. See if you get a socket. If it's listening, the problem is NOT on the upper server -- unless it has a firewall. Try increasing the logging on both servers temporarily to see if you can get any additional information.

Regards,

Matt
    Eset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.