ERAC: "password to unlock" mysteriously changed/cleared

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Reedmikel, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reedmikel

Reedmikel Registered Member

Using NOD32 4.2 BE, ERAC and ERAS, I have just one policy for all my customers and I created a password in the Policy Manager weeks ago when I installed everything. And that password has worked ever since I set it. But today I tied to get to Advanced Setup on my own workstation and the password did not work. So back at ERAC I went to the Policy Manager and went to ESET Kernel->Setup->Protect setup parameters->Password to unlock and clicked on [Set Password] button and entered same password as I assigned weeks ago. Back at my PC I can now get to Advanced Setup...

Any idea why the password would clear or change?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Passwords do not change on their own. It must have been either a policy setting a different password or something changed the appropriate value in the registry. Should this happen again, export the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security and supply it to Customer care.

3. Reedmikel

Reedmikel Registered Member

I'm sure they do not change by design :) Maybe a bug. Hopefully I never see it happen again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.