ERA Server Mirror Server Update Fails 0x1012

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by boba fett, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boba fett

boba fett Registered Member

I'm currently running ERA sever ver 4.0.138.0. I have setup the server as an update mirror for our clients and it was working, but then the updates suddenly stopped.

The server is running Windows Server 2003 R2, SP2. I checked the ERA logs and found the following error:

[2011-06-07 08:03:15.535] V1 [4ded1b920000] [00000c10] <UPDATER_ERROR> Update failed, code: 4, aditional code 0x1012, aditional description FILE_CORRUPTED

I tried the following, recommend by ESET:

1. Stop ERA server service.
    2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server
    3. Delete the "Mirror" and "Updfiles" folders.
    4. Start ERA server service.
    5. Open ERA console, go to Tools > Server options > Updates and select the "Clear Update Cache" check box.
    6. Click the "Update now" button to start creating all update files again.
    7. Now see if your clients are updating normally again.

When this didn't work, I decided to uninstall ERA and reinstall. After the reinstall, updates worked, but today they stopped again with the same error as above.

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance

2. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

Sometimes if you have an edge device such as a router/firewall/content filter, it can continually corrupt the files on download on occasion. One thing you can do to prevent that from happening is to add rules into these devices to allow traffic on all ports for era.exe out to the internet.

What was the time span between the first time your mirror broke and the second time?

Thanks,

Matt

3. boba fett

Hi Matt,

It was approx. 12 hours. Is their an address or IP I need to allow on the firewall? I don't remember seeing this in the setup manual.

4. MattJN

MattJN Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

It's not listed in the setup guide because it's not an expected problem. If you add an application based rule to allow traffic generated to *.eset.com from era.exe, that should suffice. However, some firewalls and content filters will require bi-directional rules (inbound and outbound).

Thanks,

Matt

5. boba fett

Thanks Matt. I'll send this to our NA to make the change and report back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.