ERA - Pre-Release Updates?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Protege, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protege

Protege Registered Member

Is Pre-Release Update available in ERA Update?

If I had activated the Pre-Release Update for my NOD32, will NOD32 get the Pre-Release Update?

If Pre-Release Update corrupt, what should I do? Disable Pre-Release Update, Clear Cache and Click Update again?

Anyone?

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

1. Yes there is a pre-release setting in the advanced configuration of the ESET Remote Administrator.

Go to Tools>>Server Options. Go to the Advanced tab and select the advanced configuration button. This will open the ESET Configuration Editor. In the configuration Editor tool down to ESET Remote Administrator>>ERA Server>>Setup>>Advanced>>Update server group update servers; Change the value to, Prerelease update servers.

2. If you change the value in ESET NOD32 anti-virus to update from the prelease severs and the update server is hosting pre-release updates then yes you will receive the pre-release updates in that installation of the ESET client.

3. If a pre-release update hosted on your local mirror is corrupted then do the same thing as when a mirror not hosting pre-release updates has a corrupted file in it. Yes, clear the mirror or cache.

By corrupted do you mean what if the pre-release update has an adverse affect on my installation of my ESET security product or causes an issue?

In this case you may very well need to uninstall and then reinstall the ESET product, temporarily update from the known good server and let us know about your issue. This will help to get the issue resolved before the update goes completely live. We appreciate all of our customers input and assistance.

Cheers,
    -Tom

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  3. Protege

Protege Registered Member

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for info sharing. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.