Enterprise Security.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Fajo, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok I need some advice.

First things first this NOT a A vs B so keep the comparing comments out of it please no need for it. if you cant I will asked for it to be closed.

What I do need is what you would use for a Enterpise based system. I have a few hundred clients I need to switch out. What I'm looking for is your Recommendation on what to use on that end. I don't need a explanation why as I can test them out my self but I need a few choice's to try.

Things that I do need

Easy to deploy (not spend 400+ hours installing on every computer)
    Decent Resource usage. (not something that is going to drop them to there knees)
    If you need anymore info from me ether PM me or ask it here.

The servers are running Windows 2k3 and 2008. There is a mix of XP and 2000 Client computers. all the computers have to use the same software. I cant be mixing AV's

Thanks again. :D

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Hmmm? The link works just fine. o_O

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Not with me...maybe give it another try?

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

OK I got it to work.. looks like what Im looking for Thanks.

Thread can be closed as I will go with some of the suggestions in the link.

7. doktornotor

Just a note, I guess you'll have quite a bit of trouble with W2008. E.g., no luck with NOD32 there.

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You may want to look at several of the other threads started in the last few months by hutchingsp, as well. There are many about enterprise solutions, covering the standard requirements needed for large scale deployment and management.

All of hutchingsp's threads. (You'll need to pick out from the list the ones about enterprise AV solutions.)

9. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

We use McAfee. I would recommend it, it has good detection and resource usage is low.
    Remote installation,upgrade and policy management are a breeze.

Other than McAfee, I have used Trend OfficeScan. Its very light and customizable. We changed only due to issues with the local reseller.

Now both these products have "in-the-cloud" features, due to which their detection capabilities have quadrupled.

Those are the ones I have tried. Hope that was of some help :thumb:

10. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I used Symantec Corp, when I was the IT Manager for a large Aerospace company, hundreds of computers and multiple site servers in the group. It was ok at best overall in my opinion.

I know Vipre is offering an Enterprise version too but you would need to check that one out as I have no experience with that.

11. doktornotor

No clue which version did you use but I strongly advise anyone to stay far far away from SEP11 which is definitely the worst "corporate" version of their security suite produced yet.

12. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Agreed that SEP1 is very bad news. Although its faults are much too numerous to be listed, one thing came to my attention when I was putting SEP11 through its paces that I found quite odd.

An email with an attachment came into my Junk mail folder. I immediately assumed it was malware of some sort, so I was kind of surprised that SEP didn't flag it. Just to check I cpied the attachment to a folder and did an on demand scan. Still nothing. Suspicious, I uploaded the file to VT and, sure enough, got numerous positive ID's- among them one from Symantec.

As I really got interested now I installed Symantec Corp 10 on a VM and scanned this file and got a positive for a Trojan. Rechecked with SEP11 and it still showed a clean file,.

Sent a report to Symantec when this occurred (about 2 weeks ago) and haven't received any response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.