Enable All Protection problem...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by topguynow, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. topguynow

topguynow Registered Member

Each time I try to enable all protection in SpywareBlaster I get a notice of Error Enabling Protection "that your browser or another program is currently open and is preventing SpywareBlaster from fully enabling protection. Please close your browser now."

I do not have any programs open when this appears and it just started happening a few days ago...I cannot think of any changes I have made that would create this issue. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling SB and also tried enabling in Safe Mode with networking but still the same results. Help!

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Can you give more info so that someone may have a better idea of what could be causing the problem. Also have you looked in the Windows task Manager when this error shows to see what applications/processess are running.

Operating system

Browsers used

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Odd ... if I see a posting over at Avast indicating new SB def updates, I simply minimize my Firefox window, open SB to download the updates and enable all protection then close it again, and restore the FF window. Never had any problems from not closing FF.

(Edit, an after-thought) Do you by any chance subscribe to the SB auto-updates feature? (I don't) While it's unlikely, I wonder if maybe that could be related to the problem.

4. topguynow

Yes-Vista SP2, browsers used are IE9 and FF 13.0.1 Task Manager shows nothing related to either browser. Interestingly I have noticed that BleachBit also gives a notice that FF is still open even if I just rebooted and starting new with the SB update or a BB cleaning. Also I do not subscribe to the SB auto update. Thanks

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Are Thunderbird and plugin_container_exe still listed as running in the processes list in Windows Task Manager?

6. topguynow

No, neither one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.