Emoticons from Incredimail

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ih8spyware, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ih8spyware

ih8spyware Registered Member

Some friends have been sending me emails at the bottom of which Incredimail has an invitation to get yourself free animated emoticons.

I have heard that Incredimail is a source of spyware (and when a friend installed the program on her 'puter, it totally went on the fritz, and she had to get it reformatted).

Question: would it be inadvisable to get the emoticons from them? And if so, is there any animated emoticon freeware sites that would be safe?

Thanx in advance 4 any info on this.

Spywareh8r

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

It could be not from Incredimail itself but like an autosignature from their ISP which advertises something (in your case animated emoticons) .

3. javisalom

javisalom Registered Member

Before replying to your post, I willingly disclose that I work for IncrediMail. That said, allow me to state that IncrediMail prides itself on protecting our users' privacy and frowns upon any type of malware. IncrediMail is not spyware or any other form of intrusive program. In fact, our respect for our users' security and privacy is central to our operating philosophy. You are welcome to read our privacy policy or else confirm with the 3rd party companies that verify our security. I hope you enjoy our emoticons and other products.

4. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I have used incredimail in the past, but not now because I found it quite a slow program to open etc. but I have to say in the time I used it ( couple of years or so) I never found any spyware or adware associated with it. Likewise I know someone who still uses it and has not had any problem with spyware etc. Perhaps your source of spyware came from elsewhere?

5. ih8spyware

ih8spyware Registered Member

HT, Javi & Rollers, thanx 4 your input. I guess, then, I don't have to worry about those emoticons at the bottom of those peoples' emails. That's a relief!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.