EMON Errors

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by thenoble06, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenoble06

thenoble06 Registered Member

Aug 15, 2006
    We have been using NOD for a couple of months now (enterprise and XMON) without any problems - but just recently we have started to get some errors with EMON - as indicated below. Are these errors anything to worry about? I've changed email addresses etc for security.

10/12/2006 15:46:21 PM - During execution of EMON - Microsoft Outlook email monitor on the computer xxxxx-xxx, the following warning occurred: Attempt to save changes in email failed (message from "[username]@[email address]", for "[username]", with subject "[subject]", sent on 10/12/2006 12:09).

Come to think of it - is it neccasary to run EMON as well as XMON?

Any help would be great :)

2. andrator

andrator Registered Member

Feb 10, 2006
    I've seen the same errors and couldn't resolve them.

Unless someone has a clear solution on how to resolve these errors I decided to disable EMON, because we're also using XMON. I don't see added value in scanning messages twice using the same engine and signatures. XMON is configured to rescan the store after each signature update.

We're using a different AV solution in our perimeter defense and recently all messages are also scanned by our provider. Two days ago XMON/AMON detected the third threat that got passed the first two defenses so I'm very pleased with XMON/AMON :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.