EMON Confusion

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

If I do not use Outlook, Outlook 2K3, Outlook Express as my local email application, do I really need to enable EMON on my clients?

I do know that some visited web pages us Outlook as their "Contact Us" vehicle. I assume (oops!) that IMON watches this usage of "Outlook." Is this correct?

I do use Eudora as a local email app on my office machine, but I believe AMON and IMON take care of any email scrub necessary. Is this a correct belief?

Am using NOD32 Enterprise on my home LAN of 1 server and 4 WS clients.
    Convinced my older Brother and younger Sister to switch to NOD32 for
    best protection. Both will purchase on my rec. That's 13 more machines covered! Spent 2 years in research before I purchased. Happy so far even though I know I will have more questions.

Thank you for your help.
    Cosmo

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Welcome to Wilders ! :thumb:

Using Typical installation , EMON is enabled by default . Although EMON scans only MAPI , disabling it will not affect your system performance , I mean having it ON will not hurt nor will it fast your machine .

AMON takes care of everything . IMON scans POP3/HTTP communications so if you use POP3 , then your belief is correct :)

You are welcome to post ;) :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.