EMET - custom install?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by luciddream, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I forget whether or not EMET has a custom install option when you're installing it... or does it just automatically get placed in with your OS?

Also... what is the size of the EMET folder? I want to know how big to make the partition.

I want to know whether or not to set aside a partition for it. If it does have the option for a custom install I would like to dedicate a partition to it.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR

DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR Registered Member

You mean does it ask what folder (and drive) to install to...? Yes. I changed the folder, I guess it would also let the drive be changed. If not, you can always junction a folder to another drive\folder...

3.5 TP's Program Files folder here is just under 12 MB (including 1.67 MB User's Guide, etc.). I don't think the EMET[64].dll files are needed there; the one(s) in the AppPatch are actually used.

A dedicated EMET partition, huh? Hehe :blink:

If I get my alternative EMET implementation, I guess it'd be a few hundred KB at most. :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.