Email problem with version 4 upgrade

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by newbie2247, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

your writing is fine. Keep in mind, an AV can update every hour if it wants, but if its overall detection stinks, what good is it.

Hang in there my friend, the best is yet to come.

2. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

Anybody out there got any idea's or help for me, pretty please? Don't mean to be a pest - just quite upset and disgruntled and in a hurry to get all this crud behind me - once and for all. Hate to keep posting. Blame ESET, not me. :cautious: I know how to do a clean install - done it manys time - and I did one this time also. So, the problem isn't me, in short. :cool:

Also, anyone know what he/she meant by the "screenshot" suggestion? o_O I'm totally clueless on that and more than happy to do it - just don't know diddly squat about what, where and how to comply with his/her advise.

Thank you all - you're great peoples! ;)

(I'm hoping I don't have to drop ESET + get a refund on my 2 year subscription. Crossing me fingers here. Just fed up with NOT getting what I paid dang good money for. ESET is not exactly one of the lower-priced security suite "bargains" - with good reviews - out there. Heck, on many sites, they don't even make the list which I find quite shocking to be honest. That makes me feel like I'm being duped. :(

3. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

1. To take a snapshot, first you have to have whatever it is you want to take a picture of up on your Desktop.

2. Press the PrtScn/SysRq key on your keyboard. It's right above the Backspace key and a little to the right on most keyboards.

3. Open up Paint: Start>Accessories>Paint.

4. In Paint click on Edit>Paste. That will Paste the screenshot of whatever you had up on the Desktop.

5. Then left click on File>Save As:

Okay.JPG

Make sure you use the Save as type as it show in the picture otherwise the file will be too big and you won't be able to upload it.

To include your snapshot in the post:

1. To make sure you keep any text in the Message Editing box in case you have to refresh (depends on your IE Popup settings) click on Preview Post to save it.

2. Then with Additional Options below the Message editing window click on Manage Attachments. You'll get a Manage Attachments popup window.

3. In the Manage Attachments popup window use the browse button to navigation to wherever you save that file of your snapshot.

4. After you've opened that save file click on Upload in the Manage Attachments popup window.

5. In the Attach Files section below the Message Editing box you should see the file you just uploaded. Copy the [ ATTACH ]123456[/ATTACH] text to the right and Paste it wherever you want in the Message Editing box.

6. You can click on Preview Post and you should see your snapshot.

7. Just don't forget to click on Submit :)

4. newbie2247

Thank you so much! That was VERY, VERY helpful both for reference as well as possibly for what the poster who asked me for an "unspecified" snapshot of an "unspecified" thing.

Now, I wonder what that poster wanted me to take a "snapshot" of exactly.

Hopefully he/she will come back and tell me and we fix my problem and live happily ever after.

Get this:

I'm far from being a new ESET user. I've scheduled many things many times, even gone in and edited, etc., etc. So, I discover (as you all now know) that ESET is skipping scheduled daily scans and I tell ESET about is immediately upon discovery. What is their response? What do they do? As if I am a total idiotic imbecile, they send me a link to the section of their Knowledge Base on scheduling scans. DUH! That's it. No questions, apologies, inquiries, remarks or concern. That not only is patronizing, insulting and grossly unprofessional but it left a VERY bad taste in my mouth. :(

I always try to fix things myself first before I go out looking for help. I research and read everything I can and then when I know for sure that my settings or whatever are correct and something wrong is going on or malfunctioning, THEN I reach out for help and that includes contacting ESET. BOY do I need to cool off. :mad:

I once put ESET up on a pedestal, shortly after getting used to it but lately, I just don't know anymore. :doubt:

I think now that I am through with ESET. I know that I'm enraged and it's possible I could be acting irrational because of that in addition to all the problems since I upgrade the morning on 04-24-09, but I feel like zipping of a scathing email (as if they'd care, lol) and demanding a refund right now.

The nerve! :thumbd:

5. newbie2247

Once this whole "screenshot" thing is settled, how do I upload it here in this Wilders ESET Forum? I looked but did not see a way to do so. Appreciate instructions or steps for doing so in case "Frequent Poster" returns to tell me exactly which settings he/she wants pictures of. I hope it's not a lot, sounds like it though, heh. :doubt:

6. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

You have to use the Manage Attachments button to bring up the Manage Attachments popup window. It's down below the Message editor when you are writing up and/or responding to a post. When you're writing a post look down about 2/3 the way towards the bottom of the page and you'll see it.

7. newbie2247

Gotcha. Thanks Darren. You are a great guy. So are all the others in here. :)

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

newbie, you will find that by posting screenshots or a visual clue to your issue, will make it alot easier for Marcos and folks here to actually help you.

I can tell a doctor my foot hurts but until he takes a x-ray, he has nothing but my words to go by.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.