EMail Error Message

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kendrite, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kendrite

Kendrite Registered Member

Hello,

I've recently noticed that when I receive emails I receive the following error message as a footnote:

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
    part000.txt - decompression was not completed, check the amount of free memory and disk space

I don't think I've changed anything and doubt memory is an issue (1Gb DDR & 120Gb Hdd ~80% free). Does anyone know if this means my emails aren't getting scanned and if there is a simple fix for it? Guess I can always do a clean install if I have too...

Thanks in advance.

David

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

David

Welcome to Wilders.

I haven't seen that question here. Do you get that on every email you receive?
    Also, do you have list all files checked in the Imon, setup, miscellaneous setup?

3. Kendrite

Yes, I've been getting it on each message for the last ten days or so. If there is more than one attatchment with the message I get this type of thing:

__________ NOD32 1.960 (20041229) Information __________

part000.txt - decompression was not completed, check the amount of free memory and disk space
    MVI_0002.AVI - decompression was not completed, check the amount of free memory and disk space

I do not have System: List all files checked. Should I tick this and see if it makes a difference?

David

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

No need to check that if it is unchecked.

Those are large multimedia files I suppose. And this happens with regular email as well?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Getting that error indicates that the system TEMP and TMP variables most likely point to directories which do not actually exist on the disk. To check this, right-click the My computer icon, select Properties and in the Advanced tab click the Environment variables button. The system variables appear in the lower pane. If they appear OK, try changing them to, e.g. c:\windows\temp (be sure this directory exists).

6. Kendrite

Yeah, it happs when I just receive text emails too. Eg:

__________ NOD32 1.960 (20041229) Information __________

I tried following Macro's instructions but got a bit lost. I understyand what he is saying and there seem to be temp directories in the environmental vaiables section. Would it just be easier for me to do a fresh install??

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

See the following screen shot.

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

8. Kendrite

Wow, that was very thorough. Both the folders were in the enviromental variables but it looks as though my temp directory was deleted from my Windows folder. I've created a new one and now it's working like normal again.

Thanks for all the help guys, it's really appreciated.

David

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see, and thanks for reporting back, as it helps us all to learn.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.