Email client

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by snowbound, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Folks :)

In the market for a new email programme.

I'm just about to trial the Bat! and i wonder if anyone can tell me how good this app. really is.

Also would like to know if registration fee is on a yearly basis or do u have to pay for each new build.

Thanks. :)

snowbound

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Snowbound :)

I just changed over to SecureBat Lite (which is heavily based on the Bat!) and I really do like it. It is very configureable, especially in things that would help in handling large numbers of accounts, or messages. The filtering is very powerful.

But... there are drawbacks....

The interface is not too intuitive and there are Soooo many features the learning curve is a bit slow (at least for me)

The support from the vendor (RitLabs) is almost humorously nonexistant. They will not respond to emails, and on their Official forums the "New Post" button was taken away from the Bat Forum.

Weighing against this last point, there are some good unaffiliated support resources, other forums, online help sites and a very good and friendly UserList so you don't miss the support too much. And really some of the features are very good.

I definitely think you should try it. :)

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

I'll have to agree with Dan - The Bat! is an outstanding (if not the outstanding email client around for quite a while in the meanwhile.

Personally (no offense, Dan ;) ) I don't think the software has a high learning curve. That said: for sure there are countless options available within the software. It can be run sort of "out-of-the box" though, at least the comon version. SecureBat! (Pro or Lite) is a different story indeed.

Indeed the Ritlabs support forum isn't the way to go for support, and as Dan points out correctly, other support sources available are doing a far better job. In case of problems, a (registered) user can drop an email using the "feedback" tab within the software. Stefan Tarnukov is replying rather fast to cope with emails like these.

Just my two sixpence ;)

regards.

paul

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Giving it a whirl right now. :)

WoW, very secure. :D

Too bad about the support but getting help doesn't look like a problem.(i'll just ask the bat! experts, Dan and Paul) :p

Well, we'll see how it goes. ;)

Thanks guys. :)

snowbound

5. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Enjoy!

Been a user of the Original thebat! and SecureBat Pro for almost 2years now. Always like that email program very ease to customize ( I think :eek: ) and I like the filtering options very easy to configure some filters to screen out stuff.

( running it with 8emails accounts )

6. meneer

meneer Registered Member

And don't forget that The Bat! is one of the few email clients that know how to handle x509.3 certificates (you know, to sign and encrypt email messages).

The only real contestant in that area is Outlook Express :eek: :eek: (I don't know about Thunderbird)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.