email attachments corrupted

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by lizzan, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizzan

lizzan Registered Member

I have just installed eset antivirus 4.0.424 and both thunderbird and windows mail email attachments are now corrupted when I attempt to open them. If I disable eset then it's okay. I also have zone alarm pro installed and when I disable that programme, leaving eset enabled, it also allows the attachments to be read.
    I am using windows vista home premium sp1, is there a conflict between the two programmes ?

2. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

lizzan,

In order to improve the Thunderbird related features of our software, we request your participation in obtaining information in order to determine the root of the issues that you are experiencing. First, please make sure you are running the latest version of our software.

Please reply to this email with the following:

1. Version of Mozilla Thunderbird
    2. Configuration Settings
    Please export the xml settings from the NOD32 window.
    Goto Display : Standard Change ->
    Display : Advance
    Goto Setup
    Import/ Export Settings
    Choose Export Settings
    Choose ...
    Make sure you are in "Look in"
    Type thunderbird.xml
    Choose OK or Open.
    Please include the xml file in a zip format and reply back to this email.
    To zip the file. Right - Click on thunderbird.xml
    Sent to Compressed Zipped Folder
    There should be a file named Thunderbird.zip

3. Setting Changes (Any changes you made within the software)

4. 1. Download SysInspector here:
    http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    2. Click the green arrow to the right of the desired version. When prompted to Run or Save, click ‘Save’ and save the file to your Desktop.
    3. Double-click the SysInspector icon on your Desktop and click ‘Run’.
    4. Once the analysis is finished, the SysInspector main program window will be displayed. Press CTRL + S on your keyboard to save the log file. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm and then save the log file to your computer.
    Please export the xml settings from the NOD32 window.

Once we have collected this information, we will forward it to our development team.

Please PM me the information.

Cheers!

3. lizzan

lizzan Registered Member

Still waiting for support to come back to me after one week

4. Feijoa

Feijoa Registered Member

I don't use Mozilla Thunderbird, but after upgrading to Eset AntiVirus v 4.0.424 I also noticed that my mail attachments were arriving corrupted. I also use Zone Alarm Pro, OS - Vista Home Premium. My mail client is The Bat, from Ritlabs.

I just contacted Eset to see if by any chance there might be a bug with the new version. Am just waiting to hear. Thought I would mention this here, as I too am seeking ...

5. Feijoa

Feijoa Registered Member

Image attachments were still arriving corrupted, so I disabled email scanning by Eset and I now have no further problem. Hopefully a fix will come out soon though ...

6. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

What kind of an account type is your problem connected with (IMAP / POP3)?

7. Feijoa

Feijoa Registered Member

I seem to have got 2 threads going - sorry everybody ... ( "corrupt email attachments - still").

The problem was (hopefully past tense :) ) with both IMAP and POP accounts. Since I implemented my "fix", mentioned in the above thread, so far so good. Fortunately I subscribe to ESET's RSS, and I just saw that a new version to 4.0.424.0 has just been released, which fixes corrupted mail with Thunderbird.

I use The Bat as mail client, but hope that ESET's new version will work with The Bat's future attachments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.