emachine T2625

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by urlyinass, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urlyinass

urlyinass Registered Member

Hi Everyone

I have a friends computer here and he told me that he could not even get it to turn on. So, I figured it was just the power supply. So I replaced it and it powered up but I get nothing on the monitor. So then I plugged in the speakers to see if I would hear windows start up and nothing. So i try another power supply and get the same result. Then I unplugged everything but the hardrive and boot and get the same thing. So then I tried a new hard drive and get the same thing.So then I replaced the hard drive cable...and got the same thing. Put in a new video card and got the same thing. And yes the monitor is on...lol Anyways, Just thought I would ask and see if you guys had any ideas that I could try. Thank you all for any help that you can offer

emachine 2625
    CPU: AMD Athlon™ XP 2600+ Processor (2.13GHz) with QuantiSpeed
    architecture
    Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
    Chipset: VIA KM 266
    Memory: 512MB DDR (PC 2100)
    Hard Drive: 120GB HDD
    Optical Drive: DVD +/- RW Drive (Write max: 4x DVD+/-R, 2.4x DVD+RW, 2x DVD-RW, 16x CD-R and 10x CD-RW disks, reads 12x max. DVD-ROM disks, reads 40x max. CD-ROM disks); 16x Max. DVD Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
    Video: S3 ProSavage8™ integrated (1 AGP slot available for upgrade)
    Sound: AC '97 Audio
    Network: 10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
    Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
    Peripherals: Premium Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
    Ports/Other: 6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Microphone-In & Head Phone jack on front, Audio-In & Out, 3 PCI slots (2 available)
    Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.125"H x 16"D

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

It sounds to me like the chipset that handles the interface between the motherboard and power supply is toast. This is very common. I recommend replacing the board with a new one from eMachines or an equivelent from a company like Asus. If you get one from another company, specify one that uses the same processor and RAM to save money.

The problem with this option is that he will need to purchase a new Windows XP license. The reason is that eMachines computers come with an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer ) version of the XP license that stays with the original system. It cannot be transfered to another system. The only way that you can transfer a Windows license to a completely new system is if you have a Full-Packaged Product (FPP) license. This is the license you obtain when you purchase Windows in the box at the store, or online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.