EFSW 4.3 general configuration

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by duijv023, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

On 'normal' NOD32BE 3.x and 4.0/2 it was advised to set the realtimescanner not to scan all file extensions (see Knowledge base doc)
    But when I install EFSW 4.3 Realtime filescanner is still by default being configured to scan all files. Is it still needed to deselect the "scan all files" option or is this no longer needed because of the auto-exclusions??

What does ESET advise?

2. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

not any response?

3. GregecSLO

GregecSLO Registered Member

Hi!

On my servers scann all files is enabled, and automatic exclusions are applied and thats it...
    Look also for what app vendor recommends and exclude that also...
    On my domain servers, IIS, MSSQL this product works out of the box, without any special config...

4. ICA

ICA Registered Member

That goes for me too, I use the default settings on 8 of my 2008R2 servers (all files is default selected) and so far no problems occurred.

Kind regards,
    Rene.

5. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

Thanks for the responses. Here is the information I have regarding this thread's question:

Although “Scan all files” under the Extensions window is still checked by default (same as before), you shouldn't see the ones listed after installing ESET File Security (which were previously advised to be removed from the list).

The automatic exclusions will remove the extensions that you had to manually remove before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.