EFF to court: don't let US government prosecute professor over his book about securing computers

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by lotuseclat79, Sep 30, 2016.

1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

EFF to court: don't let US government prosecute professor over his book about securing computers

Related:

Statement on DMCA lawsuit dated July 28, 2016

Note: This article is located in the middle of the webpage link immediately above.

EFF Lawsuit Takes on DMCA Section 1201: Research and Technology Restrictions Violate the First Amendment dated July 21, 2016

-- Tom

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Nice read!

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Apparently, Matthew Green's blog at http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com yields a ping of result as follows:
    $ ping blog.crytographyengineering.com
    ping: unknown host blog.crytographyengineering.com

I am not happy about this if it means that his website will never see the light of day in the future because of the US Government action. I am especially concerned that the US Government may seek and succeed at preventing Dr. Green's book from ever being published and sold to interested individuals like myself from gaining relevant security knowledge to avert security intrusions.

-- Tom

4. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ lotuseclat79

Missed this Important post on Fri ! Thanx, i'll look into it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.