eEye Blink Personal or Sophos AV/Suites?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tookerjeff, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

Hi all,

I was browsing the sites of security vendors eEye Blink & Sophos and wondered if anyone has tried them or if there are any good reviews of them?

I thought eEye was known for their vulnerability assessment services for the most part, but wondered how their Security Suite for home users stacked up? Do they still use the Norman AV engine? I wondered it the personal editoon used sandbox tech. also when scanning files (similar to how Zonealarm does) or if it is only in the full Endpoint edition? (it seems one can only download the full endpoint version too and not the Personal edition if I'm correct?)

Sophos is another one I was curious about, even though they are more geared toward the business sector if I'm not mistaken? They seem to have a trial for just the antivirus, normal security suite or security suite "complete" (computer suite) on their site though, but for the average computer user such as myself, the firewall configuration seemed a little daunting in the suite. The prices were a little hefty too, unless you ask for a quote.

Anyway, appreciate any comments, corrections, experiences, etc... :)

Thanks!

-tookerjeff

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I just saw for Sophos antivirus a 3 user/1 year license is $136.50. Maybe you can find a deal on Webroot av somewhere as they use Sophos as their av. I'm not sure if they use the latest engine though.

3. tookerjeff

tookerjeff Registered Member

acr1965 - hey, thank you for the feedback. :) Yes, I thought Webroot utilized the Sophos av engine. I trialed the WEbroot av package longer ago though but was a little disappointed with the results, specificallywith some of the rougeware/adware. Sophos seemed to completely block the redirect right away and let the user leave the offending page. Webroot on the other hand would notify that it detected and quarantined the threat, but would not kill the webpage like some other av programs do. It seemed to get hijacked very easily at times. Some av's seem to have better self protection. Have you tried Webroot btw? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Whooah, $136.50 is just a tad bit out of my range... :/

Thank you for the quick reply!

-jeff :)

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Closing as per Tos. No A v B discussion regarding AV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.