Editing and deleting your posts

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Rasheed187, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Re: Forum behaves differently?

I don´t know if this used to be the case, but it would be nice if you could edit and delete your posts, no matter how old they are. What do you think? :)

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The trouble with editing and deleting post's is that it can cause the direction of a thread to be thrown completely off course with a piece of it removed. If a post is an accident or posted in the wrong place or a duplicate, it is not to much trouble to contact a mod or admin.

3. Rasheed187

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In case it would help us do a better job....which posts in particular of those 114 posts do you feel are obsolete :doubt:

Would you mind posting some examples Please.

5. Rasheed187

Sorry about that, but as you can see I´ve posted my setup twice in the "What´s your security setup" thread, since you can´t edit your posts. Thats why I asked to remove my first post, but I guess it isn´t really a big deal, I should just repost my setup if I change anything. :)

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

An example might be if one poster asks you a question, and you don't quote him in your post. You just answer in a regular post, after you post you see another person has posted between the post you were answering and your post. If you could delete, you could copy what you said and click quote and paste what you said in that poste and delete the post without the quote.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You can do that type of deletion on your posts. In fact, you have 5 days to edit and or delete your own posts. It is only after 5 days that the posts lock from further editing or deletion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.