Edge only partially enabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gwt, Jun 23, 2023.

1. gwt

gwt Registered Member

Attached Files:

2. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

Do you have multiple Windows user accounts, for instance an administrator account and one or more standard user account(s)?
    In that case, you may need to run SpywareBlaster's Enable All Protection not only in the administrator account but also in the standard user account(s).
    That was my experience some years ago when I used SpywareBlaster on Windows with an administrator account plus a standard user account.

3. gwt

gwt Registered Member

Nope, I just use one regular local user account for Windows 10 Pro.

No administrator's account.

I think something in Edge itself is blocking it. And it's only Edge, not Firefox or Brave.

4. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

If there is only one Windows account on the computer, that is an administrator account.

Did you run SpywareBlaster's Enable All Protection, to see if that enabled the protection for Edge?
    If that did not work, I hope someone else can help you.

5. gwt

gwt Registered Member

Local account meaning I didn't give microsoft an email address when I bought the machine. I skipped having to do that.

When I need administrator rights, I do it though the right-mouse click menu.

And yes, I did click "Enable All Protection" and expected it to resolve the matter, but it didn't.

Edge used to be fully blocked until MS updated Edge to one of their latest versions. I don't think Edge is playing nice with SpywareBlaster.

~

Edit: I tried it on another Windows 10 machine and Edge is doing the same thing. Interesting....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

gwt,

Please try the following:

1. First, make sure Microsoft Edge is completely closed. (There are some new features that might cause it to run in the background in certain circumstances - this will work best if you make sure it's fully closed-down.)
    2. Open SpywareBlaster (if you have UAC enabled, you'll get prompted with the classic "Allow" prompt for admin privileges - if you've changed the default settings and don't get this, right-click on SpywareBlaster and choose "Run as Administrator")
    3. Go to the Microsoft Edge protection in SpywareBlaster
    4. Uncheck both options (and wait for protection to be removed) - go back to the main "Protection Status" screen and double-check that it shows disabled
    5. Go back to the Microsoft Edge protection screen, and re-check each option, one at a time, waiting for protection to be enabled

If that doesn't fully reset things for you (and clear any inappropriate cached settings), close and reopen SpywareBlaster and then click "Enable All Protection" at the bottom again.

Best regards.

7. gwt

gwt Registered Member

javacool,

That worked, thanks! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.