Ebay woes

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by silversurferWV, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silversurferWV

silversurferWV Registered Member

With ESET antivirus and spyware protection enabled I'm having fits when trying to use the Ebay site regardless of which browser I'm using (IE, Chrome, Safari). The problem starter occurring a couple of days ago.

While surfing through my list of items on Ebay I inevitably will encounter a blank "can't display" page after a few clicks. Then after hitting the browser refresh I get a "http1 bad request" blank page. This does not happen when the fire wall and real time file system protection are enabled, only when AV/spyware protection is enabled. I have to close the browser to re-access Ebay and then the aggravation begins all over again.

Don't seem to have issues with any other sites.

Running Vista Ultimate 32 bit SP2 with all updates. ESET is also up to date(4.0.424.0).

Any ideas?

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

First of all, update your client to the latest build, 4.2.67.12.

3. silversurferWV

Pardon me for not knowing how to update to the latest build. The virus signature is definitely up to date.

Won't ESET automatically bump me to the latest build?

4. silversurferWV

Well, I'm very grateful for your advice.

A quick glance at the sticky section of this forum led me to the download that I needed. Duh!

Updating to the latest ESET client did the trick in regard to eliminating my Ebay tribulations. What a relief. You are the man!

I'm slightly mystified as to why the ESET software does not automatically relieve me of the updating chore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.