Easily obtained subpoenas turn your personal information against you

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Easily obtained subpoenas turn your personal information against you.

Yeah, we already knew most of that, but overall this is a good rundown of how little privacy we have these days other than the NSA surveillance and demonstrates the loopholes that need to be plugged to give us back our privacy. Not sure there is a way we can opt-out.

Has anyone used add-on Collusion in their browser? How does it compare to other add-ons like Ghostery?

-- Tom

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I've used it, but given my Firefox setup it never shows anything :) I haven't bothered to determine what's doing what, but I suspect that it's NoScript, Adblock Plus, and using Private Browsing mode with transient third-party cookies (only from sites visited). Maybe Refcontrol with default root spoofing helps too.

I've tested Collusion on a fresh LiveCD on a random IP address, and it shows a very cool map of sites that are tracking you :) You can see the tracking map grow in real time as you browse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.