Easier Way To Reboot?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fmen, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmen

fmen Registered Member

In order to restore an image to the C: drive from inside Windows, you are made to go through a dozen clicks and screens only to eventually reboot to Dos...that is... Linux....and go through the same process again.

Is there a simpler way of simply and cleanly rebooting to Linux TrueImage without having to go through the initial rigamorole? I know that I can use my bootable cd but I prefer not to do so. I looked into commandline and scripting, but that is a little beyond me.
    I would be willing to use these if someone would give me an example.
    Thank you for any help.

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

Have you tried the Startup Recovery Manager?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fmen,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that there are no other ways "of simply and cleanly rebooting to Linux TrueImage without having to go through the initial rigamorole" except using Bootable Rescue CD or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager.

Please also note that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team, so we will probably implement this feature in the next versions of a particular product.

Please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Keep in mind that we have been requesting this and getting promised it since version 6 so it must be "just around the corner" now.

5. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

if you have true image installed on your computer, you can right click on any of the saved images you have creted and you should see a restore option, is quicker that way

6. fmen2

fmen2 Guest

thanks...it is quicker. and with autoit I can make a more accurate script to reboot to trueimage.

7. fmen

fmen Registered Member

I made a small exe file that will automatically get you to reboot into Linux TI with one click.

You will need to have a short-cut of any TI image at the top of the Windows "Start Button" area for this to work. Just drag and keep "anyname.tib" shortcut in this location. It has to be to topmost!

You can download the file and try it and let me know if you like it. I hope I didn't do anything illegal :D

http://rapidshare.de/files/4715096/TI_Fast_Restore.exe.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.