easdrv fails to load on latest version 4 of eset

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sherryxp2000, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherryxp2000

sherryxp2000 Registered Member

I had to temporarily stop using ESS 5 because of the external mass storage devices issue.

I went back to version 3, things were rock solid. Was told by a moderator to go to latest version 4 until 5 is fixed.

Now in my EVENT long in XP SP3, while using the lastest verseion 4,

I have this:

Event ID 7026

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    easdrv

2. sherryxp2000

I searched hidden devices in device manger.

easdrv has a yellow exclamation point

I then search for easdrv.sys, and it is MISSING

should I just try re-installing version 4?

OR SHOULD I UN-INSTALL 4, and then install 4 back to fix this?

Is there a REPAIR install?

3. sherryxp2000

I performed a repair install. This did NOT fix the problem.

I then uninstalled Eset. Then I performed these extra steps for Eset removal on this web page, http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

I reinstalled. This did NOT fix the problem with the EASDRV Event ID error.

Still hoping for a solution, as I think this drive has to do with the Anti-Stealth driver technologyo_O

And yes I always reboot between each process.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. sherryxp2000

NO I didn't try that. I don't know why that didn't show up from the page I listed above. The page I went to showed how to do it manually.

Your link shows an automatic tool, but with it's warning, I think I'll bypass it for now.

I am tempted to install ESS 4 on an older PC, see if it places the easdrv.sys file/dir on it, and if so, copy it to my system.

Seems the only error is that the dir/file is MISSING. I did seach for it on my system, and it is indeed missing. I have tried fixing it with 3 different uninstallations.

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Right click on that device and remove it. Reinstall ESET as needed. Any version you want that works for you. Even v3 is better than a newer version that isn't working for you.

7. sherryxp2000

Oh that device removes when I uninstall ESET. But I have already tried both ways, mine and yours. Neither works.

Surely by Tuesdays the mod's will know something.

8. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

One last thought if you want to be bothered to try. The ESET devices seem to require 2 reboots to get uninstalled. You could remove ESS, reboot, reboot again to make sure they are gone. Maybe try their removal utility between the first and second reboot. Check for any ESET folders in your user profile under Application Data and delete them. If you are feeling especially brave you can search for "ESET Smart" in the registry and delete any keys that contain that string. Should be clean at that point. Once everything is gone maybe reboot one more time to make sure. Then you can install whatever you want. If you install ESS and it still doesn't work then get their tech support to help you. They owe you that much at that point.

9. sherryxp2000

Well still not fix, and I found out these files don't exist on any system, as I checked 3 others. But I am the only one with the error. Perhaps the driver is hidden, or it's another file other than what Windows system event log reports. OR maybe the EASDRV file is hidden in an odd place...oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.