eamon.sys bsod on WXP

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by greggs, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greggs

greggs Registered Member

I'm busily deploying ESET NOD32 v4 on my LAN. I have done about 100 workstations so far and had no serious problems, except one laptop. a Dell Inspiron 1150 running WXP.

On this one computer only, I get the BSOD, blaming eamon.sys, on shutdown. Not on startup.

Other posts on this forum have discussed the problem with Wndows Vista, but not WXP.

At first I thought it was a Windows problem, so I did the SP3 service pack right away, but that did not resolve the problem. The user is also complaining that the laptop is slower than usual.

Any ideas?

g

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Don't you have a Novell client installed? If so, make sure to update it to the latest version 4.91, 4.90 is a buggy build.

3. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Thankfully I just got done writing a VBscript to remove netware client off all our machines.. However I found NOD32 4.0.424-437 to work fine with any flavor of Netware Client.. The early 4.0 release, and the last 3.0.684 seemed to cause a BSOD in conjunction with Netware Client 4.91 SP2 or SP5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.