E00070003: Failed to read data from the disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by midasjudo, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midasjudo

midasjudo Registered Member

I backed up my hard disk using True Image Home® version 10.0 (build 4,871)
    Which verified ok.
    I split the archive using the default DVD setting.
    Trying to restore now I get E00070003 Failed to read data from the disk and thats it. Odd thing is when I try to burn to DVD it only burns 300 megs although windows says the files are 4.5 gbs. As I used the default file spilt for DVD there is obviousley a problem with True Image.
    Is there any way of geting the files out of the archive without using the standard mount archive as that does not work either.
    This is a very poor showing from acronis and if their is no way of getting any files back, I will not be buying any more versions or reccomending it.

cheers

Richard

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Did you burn the backup directly to DVD or to a hard drive first then to DVD?
    Did you do the backup from the installed software in Windows or from the bootable Rescue CD?

The validation process seems to give many false positives so I do not validate at all, but I do test my Images by restoring.

BTW, the first thing Acronis support will suggest is to update to the latest build of 10 which, I think, is build 4990.

3. midasjudo

I backed up from windows to hard drive then tried to burn DVD.
    Unfortunatley updating to the latest version is not possible as I am runing Bart PE windows as i stupidley tried to restore and zapped my windows partition and could not undelete.
    Thats when I tried to burn images as they were on a seperate drive.
    Is it possible to read the images one by one to retrive the info...

cheers

Richard

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Can you restore the images from the "separate drive" rather than the DVD? If your image contains all the partitions on the drive you can select just the C partion to restore.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I take it that the images are on a separate hard drive?
    Oops, I see that Seekforever beat me to it.

6. midasjudo

Hi I can not restore as I keep getting the error when I use the seperate drive.
    Thats why I wonder if there is a way to read the images not using the normal programme to get the data back.

cheers

Richard

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Can you run chkdsk /r on the drive? Sounds like the drive has a bad area. There is no other program other than TI which can interpret the archive file - this is not uncommon for imaging programs.

8. midasjudo

Hi ran chkdsk found no errors have not tried /r switch yet.

cheers

R

9. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I am not clear exactly what you have in terms of image files - you say you created and verified a (single) image before you split it. If you still have this image you can 'mount' it as a drive and browse its contents from Explorer.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.