E000101F4 : Failed to read data from the disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Scared, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scared

Scared Registered Member

I'm trying to restore a full image from the second drive in the system to the fist drive and I'm getting the error above.

I'm trying to restore image to a new partition on Drive 1. (I'm testing the restore procedure at this stage)

Error occurs after TI reboots the system, starts and does some partition verification.

The sector number reported in the error is mostly the same: 729,050,305, but sometimes I'm seeing 729,050,193 or 729,050,179 or 729,050,180.

I have 5 full images and attempting to restore each one gives me the same error.

The puzzling thing is that TI complains about the same sector when I try to restore different images...

I've verified the images, and ran chkdsk on the second drive, and tried HD Tune v2.53 - nothing reported any errors with the drive on which the backups are stored.

Both drives are SATA on the same motherboard (ASUS P5W DH Deluxe) and connected to the same SATA controller (Intel ICH7R). I even tried to change the second drive to another SATA port on same controller - same error...

Using v9.1 build 3718.
    Disk 1 (logical C) is 250GB Seagate ST3250620AS
    Disk 2 (logical F) is a 320GB Western Digital WD3200JD

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Scared,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Please notice that the error message most likely refers to destination drive. Please run chkdsk with /r key on the drive you are restoring to.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux System Information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.