DVDXCopy Ordered to remove ripper from products!!!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by HandsOff, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I got this from an e-mail sent to me from 321 studios, you may regard it as factual.

Obviously Hollywood knows that DVD copy protection as we know it is dead. No doubt this is the first step in a strategy to "start over" with a newer DRM approach. One that they believe they will be able to contain.

If you have one of their products make sure to UPGRADE TO YOUR LATEST FREE VERSION BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (Thursday Feb 26). Starting Friday all DVDXCopy versions will ship without a ripper included.

Anyway, you may as well enjoy it while you can!

-HandsOff

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:mad: GOD THAT PISS ME OFF I BEEN BUYING DVD'S WHEN I CAN ACTUALY AFFORD THEM

WHY CANT I BACK IT UP

YOU SEEN WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE DVD PLAYS A COUPLE OF TIMES SCRATCHS

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Blaze,

I feel your pain! For me it's the sound more than the picture. If the words are hard to undstand, then its hard to become immersed in what is going on. I read articles for 2-3 years in anticipation of DVDs. Then when it arrived i ran out and bought one. I was convinced my movies would last forever.

Thats when I found out. one scratch! one friggin' scratch and its all over!
    Lying around the room are probably at least 750 audio cd's and DVD's. I'd hate to guess how many are scratched up. I can only say it's significant.

I will say this. They also sell (maybe not any more) a product called DVDXRescue. It's job is to carefully read all the data from a scratched up dvd and store it on your hard drive, then write it back to a blank dvd-r. I have tested it on CD's and DVD's and so far it has not failed! I would guess that since that rips too, that they can no longer sell it. I got mine, but i think everyone should be able to have it too.

Thats the main reason I go crazy when people mention DRM. I can understand them not wanting to lose sales, but too many of their actions rob the people who have been their best custormers. For instance, I have nearly everything that the Beatles recorded. If I want to download "jump and shout" am I stealing? I already have it on CD, however I could download it easier than I could rip it. Is it possible to steal a song that one already owns?

next thing you know they will be saying i am stealing if i repair a scratched CD. Actually, I guess they are already saying it.

Remember:

"Only outlaws repair CD's"

-HandsOff

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

you know i belive theres a programer and software that cant be touched by usa goverment it might be based in austrilia

its called dcs Dvd copy suit its i think the most newbie frindly and the best

looks like we have to start going to the aussies to bypass us cusome bs laws

that means more buisness out of the usa and jobs and usa money going out to forighen lands.

definitly a lose lose situation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.