Duck replaced with Eagle

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Jimbob1989, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

http://www.vegemite.com.au/Our_Heritage/Vegemite_Discovery/dsp_Happy_little_vegemite_song.htm

Had me worried there for a while..thought it might be that other brown stuff. :eek: :D

Marmite blob ad 'terrified' children

17 March 2005

LONDON: A Marmite advert that parodied 1950's science fiction film The Blob has been banned from all childrens' programmes in Britain after leaving kids too scared to watch television, the advertising watchdog has said.

Two Marmite adverts featured a giant brown blob rolling along a crowded street, terrifying some people who tried to flee while others ran towards it with delight.

The advert ended with Marmite's slogan: "You either love it or hate it".

Six people complained to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that their toddlers had been terrified by the adverts, with four refusing to watch television after seeing them and two suffering nightmares.

Unilever Bestfoods, makers of the dark brown savoury spread, argued against imposing a tougher "ex-kids restriction" as broadcasters were likely not to show it during general programmes such as "Pop Idol", which attracted younger viewers.

But the ASA said the complaints were strong enough to ban the advert from all children's programming.

"We accepted that the advertisements' effect on young children would have been hard to anticipate," it added. "However, it was clear from the complaints we received that they had caused distress to very young children."
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3220293a4560,00.html

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

SIX people decided it all? Imagine that!! This world gets more amazing everyday, don't you think, Primrose?

I love those odd stories, they are .....odd! I am having a hard time with this 'what is food' debate!

I think I will go on record voting for only bubble gum as food, no other gum will do!

Tomorrow, the bubble gum and mineral diet for me! Is there a specific reason apples aren't considered food?

Are magic mushrooms food?

09 March 2005 http://www.stuff.co.nz/inl/images/null.gif
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]BRUSSELS: What is food? Chewing gum and mineral water qualify, EU experts say – but not hallucinogenic mushrooms, live animals or an apple growing on a tree.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Animal feed also fails the European Union's "edibility" test as does any tasty plant ripening in the ground before it has been harvested. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Cosmetics and psychotropic substances are also out, it says. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]The EU takes more than 70 words to say what it understands by food in comments sent to the Codex Alimentarius Commission, a joint body of the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation and the World Health Organisation, that sets food standards. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Chewing gum is one of the more bizarre products mentioned. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]"(It) should be considered as food even if only a part ... is actually ingested by the consumer," the text reads. However, the EU recognises that in some cases, the characteristics of a given chewing gum impose that it be regulated as medicine." [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]With members from more than 160 countries, Codex sets non-binding recommendations that are often used in international trade disputes, including World Trade Organisation negotiations. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]This is the EU's second attempt this month to try to work out food definitions. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]A week ago, the EU's executive invited European consumers to write in their thousands to an Internet site to say what they thought the flavour, colour and tenderness of veal should be.
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3211891a4560,00.html
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Ya gotta love this stuff! Where can I get a job researching or finding these stories?
    [/font]

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

You can get a job at "The Occult" newspaper or "The Crazy Times"...j/k dont take seriously OK? :)

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Ok on the gum..but you can blow bigger bubbles with this new brand. :D

It's rose flavored..yet I see no reason why they can't lace it with apples. :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4361563.stm

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Would I be correct in thinking that the original premis of this Thread is now a 'Dead Duck'??........

Cochise, :cool:

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Errrrrrr!...Yes I'am correct.......The Duck is Dead.....Long live the Duck.....May he find Peace, Tranquility and a place to Rest, wherever he may migrate to in his Life......

Cochise, :cool:

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What I will say is that the original premis of this thread has served it's purpose....and as of this post the thread is here by closed.

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.