Dual Profile Update Configuration Not Working

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by NodRedEye, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NodRedEye

NodRedEye Registered Member

Created two updating profiles, one for local mirror access on netwrok and the other for internet updating. Using NOD32 Business edition 3.0. Program will not automatically switch from one to the other. Eset has stopped supporting me. No response after multiple attempts. If connected to network (set as primary, everything works. when connect at hotel will not update unless change over to Internet Updating manually to primary profile. Any ideas?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please make sure that you have the latest version 3.0.672 installed. Automatic profile selection between the primary and secondary profile works for the update tasks only, not for manual update.

3. NodRedEye

I am running 3.0.669.0, I will look into the update. Basically if I click update virus signature database manually it will not switch over automatically? Is that what you mean? If thats the case I have left a machine on all day with the Internet Updating profile set to the secondary profile and have not recieved any updates. I get error such as

Update Could not connect to server. NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Update An error occurred while downloading update files. NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Can I set the task to run every 5 minutes?

In configuration editor Update module is set to
    selected profile: My Profile
    +Profile (My Profile) - this profile points to mirror shared on network
    +Profile (Internet Updating)

In the selected Profile: My profile, does this need to be set differrently?

Please assist in setting up something I can test and get this to work properly.

Thanks in advance!

4. NodRedEye

One more issue, where do I go on Eset's site to get the latest update 3.0.672? Thanks

5. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.