Drweb Version 5

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Badcompany, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    the older drweb installer was called drweb-500-windows-nt-x86
    now at the beta link if you login there is drweb-500-win-full.exe
    im guessing it works on 64bit now.
    not sure but will test on 64bit vista tomorow.
    digital signiture of file 28th of november

btw now even on windows 2000 it uses the windows task sedular. no longer uses its own.
    update every 30 mins is default task.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  2. Hybride_F1

Hybride_F1 Registered Member

It seems that they changed some things under the hood also. The trouble i had installing the beta is totaly gone. I installed it over an existing installation of 4.44 and everything is runnig fine for me. I suggest that all the people having had trouble but still want to test the beta give this installer a try. At least it worked for me. But i would like to know what has been changed. CSJ perhaps you know something?

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    i just started my virtual machine and updated drweb 5 beta.
    it updated most of the main componants such as the guard,drivers etc.
    it requested a reboot. after the reboot the guard now displays correct status. it says "spider guard is protecting your system" under spider guard,control.

4. fredra

fredra Registered Member

5. Hybride_F1

Thanks fredra!

For all the people not speaking russian (like me) i got the translation here:

This [setap] is required for the installation and further testing. If we not [pereustanovit] [distributiv], the part of the functional of antivirus work will not be! To write [bagi] without having established new [setap] of sense no. Before the installation of the new version of [setapa], it is necessary to remove previous Beta-[distributiv] by organic equipment.

Convincing request before the installation Beta-[distributiva]:

1. To move away all strange antiviruses. [Offitsialno] we are compatible not with one another antivirus; therefore in that case we do not can to guarantee correct installation.

2. To disconnect the programs of monitoring after a change in the list, type Of spyBot/Ad-Aware and the like so that [setap] could correctly establish necessary modules.

Fixed prices:

Setup:

[-] 0023539: not entire text in the window “is ready for the installation”
    [-] 0023537:5.0 is reduced the text
    [-] 0023538: the window “of tuning by proxy” - the mark is necessary
    [-] 0023618: DWS of directory (28MB), only of scanner and updater of was of installed
    [-] 0022790: [ws 5.0] before beginning the rapid check-out to prevent about this of the user
    [-] 0022709: [5.0] to make keys for [geyta] and agent
    [-] 0022642: [ws 5.0] not [deinstaliruetsya] Parent Of control
    [-] 0022643: [ws 5.0] not [deinstaliruetsya] SpiderGate
    [-] 0023609: notebook with the ravine of the installation is not opened
    [-] 0022621: [ws 5.0] do not create the group Of drweb the programs
    [-] 0023540: [ws 5.0] with the starting to propose on silence language - corresponding to the localization
    [-] 0023047: Error with the starting of the service “Of dr.Web (R) Of scanning Of engine” (DrWebEngine)
    [-] 0023391: [ws 5.0] communication about a deficiency in the rights is derived in the English
    [-] 0023605: in Russian [setape] the state of the installation above progress by bar on the Eng the language
    [-] 0023552: At the installation is not found the file “of instmsi30.exe”.
    [-] 0022788: [ws 5.0] in the launching, in the division Of drWeb it is not sufficient elements
    [-] 0023717: [ws 5.0] excess points in the menu with the selection of the components
    [-] 0022943: Strange requirements for the disk space
    [-] 0023617: [ws 5.0] the removal of [guarda] through [installyator]
    [-] 0022888: [ws 5.0] excess warning about the reloading?
    [-] 0023554: With [deinstalyatsii] I obtain “Error of 1324.The of path Of common \ of contains an of invalid of character.”
    [-] 0023497: Does not renew window in [installere], figures and text are rubbed over
    [-] 0023021: [ws 5.0] does not catch the key file, which lies “next” to [distributivom]
    [-] 0023020: [ws 5.0] to add the possibility of the installation of additional language from [installera]
    [-] 0023375: Scanner of help of isn't of accessible on of first of scan
    [-] 0023752:5.0 to prescribe into the list the installed components
    [-] 0023902:5.0 the incorrect parameters for Spider Of gate
    [-] 0023893: It is not established!!!
    [-] 0022819: [ws 5.0] to detect working ES/AVD of agents and to cease the installation

SpIDer Of agent:

[!] the logic of the determination of the established components is changed. The installation of new [setapa] IS REQUIRED!

[!] with the work under the stock-taking record of user, the administrative points of menu (tuning/administration/to include/to open/renovation/the manager of licenses) cause the dialogue of the introduction of the password of administrator. There is no need for [pereloginivatsya] under the stock-taking record of [admina] for fulfilling the administrative functions.
    [-] [bagofiksy] on [trekkeru]

SpIDer Of gate:

[!] now Parental Of control is this the submodule Of spIDerGate, to establish PC without SpIDerGate is impossible.
    [!] if is established PC that access to tuning Of spIDerGate/PC is blocked by password PC
    [!] the logic of reading the retention of tuning is changed. [Izmenenye] tuning into ini now automatically will be caught by all neglected copies by modules, in all users.

SpIDer Of mail:

[!] the logic of reading the retention of tuning is changed. [Izmenenye] tuning into ini now automatically will be caught by all neglected copies by modules, in all users.

Updater:

[-] is corrected the error of obtaining key. key remained that beaten.

General:

1. all bases and cursor are reissued, are removed [folsy]
    2. are corrected drops with the checking RAR of the archives
    3. are added new [raspakovshchiki]
    4. is improved universal [raspakovshchik] of the unknown packers
    5. is renovated Russian [khelp]

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey dudes,
    thanks for the changelog.
    just redownloaded. has todays date as digital signuture.
    now called security space 5.0
    guessing we are testing the security suite version now.
    i just unticked the security suite features.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

so can anyone verify the added features are ther in the new release?? maybe time for me to reload it.. im about done with nis2009.. thanks

8. Hybride_F1

Hi zfactor!

Well i just downloaded and reinstalled. As far as i can see they just updated the scanner-engines. So there are no new features for now.
    Btw is anybody running Dr.Web with Sunbelt Personal Firewall Pro?

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if you untick stuff such as parental control during installation it now works.

10. Paul_E

Paul_E Registered Member

I ran a full scan last night and about 10 minutes into the scan a message saying a problem had been encountered and Dr Web needed to close, appeared. Tried it again and the same thing happened. Has anyone else had this problem? By the way it worked fine a couple of weeks ago.

Paul

11. Paul_E

Paul_E Registered Member

Does anyone know why the total number of virus records shown in V5 is approximately 37,000 lower than the total shown on the website?

Paul

12. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Maybe more generic signatures but i am not sure.

13. fredra

fredra Registered Member

I have no clue why it did that, however, I would suggest that you report it to them, using their forum and/or the bugtracker on the Beta page.

Let us know their response.

Cheers :)

14. Hybride_F1

Hi Paul E!

I have no trouble with the scanner on my system with vista ultimate 32. You should have a look if the scanner stops always at the same file or same type of file.

Concerning the definitions all vendors try to lower the amount without hurting the detections, because most of the definitions are loaded into ram during boot. The more definitions you have, the more ram is used what could be bad for the systemimpact. So in the case of Dr.Web they sorted definitions out that are detected by the new engine through the new heuritics or other technics. It has been so in the past so there is nothing to worry about.

15. Hybride_F1

You are absolutly right! Everything works fine for now during install.

There has just been a new update for many of the programfiles some minutes ago. Would be great to have a changelog for that.

16. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Ok Hybride, here goes.
    Dr Web Security Space is now at Version 5.0.0.12120
    The most recent changelog is here (in Russian) ... you did a great job with the last one...lol :)
    http://new-forum.drweb.com/mod/forum/thread/?id=251647&fid=245#
    Cheers :D :D

17. Hybride_F1

:D okay here we go mate:

New modules 5.0 are accessible on the region of renovation. [Distributiv] not [peresobiralsya], everything will renew with the session of renovation.

Fixed prices:

SpIDer Of agent:

[] change in the work under the limited user

SpIDer Of gate:

[-] corrected the hovering with [pereinitsializatsii] of tuning, [ktoroe] led so to the hovering of the agent

SpIDer Of mail:

Scaner GUI:

[-] 0023857 is corrected leakage handle- OV

General:

[+] are renovated [khelpy] (ru/en)
    [+] are renovated bases PC

Cheers :D

18. format_c

format_c Registered Member

they was consolidated a little to get a low scan time.

19. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Surely this is wrong? :rolleyes:.

Signatures do not affect scan speed, it will be more Generic signatures.

20. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

"consolidated" = optimized, I think, means more generic signatures like you said.

And yes, number of signatures can affect the scan speed in certain cases. Or so I heard a number of years ago.....:)

21. format_c

format_c Registered Member

no, they do. the signature == checksum of a data block which must be computed

22. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

do you mean the extra options or it works with his firewall? thanks im eagerly awaiting this as a whole suite i think this will be a great product or at least i hope so.. my test machine is down im going to reinstall tomm to try it out again if there are new features..

23. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I mean if you untick any option in the installation it is now not installed.
    in earlier versions if i unticked parental control it was still installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.