DrWeb Updates

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Honyak, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Has anyone else noticed a slight lag for about 5 seconds when DrWeb updates? This occurs a few seconds after the ballon notification pops up indicating DrWeb has been updated. My computer becomes almost unresponsive for about 5 seconds. This just started about a week ago.

EDIT I may have found the problem, when I tried a repair I was alerted a file was corrupted and it took me a couple of tries to uninstal. I have since re-installed and will see how it does.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have no similar problem.

3. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Well, I reinstalled DrWeb and it is still doing it after updates. Gonna have to investigate further.

4. Unity

Unity Registered Member

Hmmm i wonder if i have the same problem, currently my computer is lagging at random time for a few seconds since last week , but i have desactivated the update popup , so i'm not sure if Dr Web is the reason or not.

I'm gonna reactivate the popup to check this out.

5. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Yes, I notice that the computer works for a short time after every update. I just hear the harddrive for a while and I notice some CPU activity, but it doesnt cause any disturbing lag for me. I have also disabled the update popup. It became annoying with the very frequent definition updates.

6. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

ive had this problem for awile now.the lag time is about two or three seconds.i got use to it.i don't notice it that much eny more..

7. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

As I recall, this started about the time of the new DrWeb engine update but can not pinpoint that. I tried disabling AMD Cool & Quiet to see if it somehow caused this, but still the problem persists and I am still investigating.o_O

It is not a big problem, I just want to know why it started doing this, I never noticed it before.

8. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

hi.Honyak.iam pretty shure that for me it. started before the engine update...

9. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

As I said, I am not certain it coincides with the engine update and it could have been going on longer without my realizing it.
    It is no biggie though, I can live with it.

10. sukarof

I have noticed that once every hour (5 minutes past the hour every time) Drweb component "spider.sys" residing in the process of "system", do use the CPU almost fully for 15 to 20 seconds. It does not slow down my system, as I stated before.
    When I look at the threads in "system" (with Process Explorer) and this activity of spider.sys occurs my computer locks up :/
    This is propably Process explorer related.

11. Unity

Unity Registered Member

Well i've read a solution on the Dr Web Forum.
    You need to uncheck "scan running program and modules" in the spider gard.
    Dunno if it's a good idea or not tho ...

12. sukarof

Doesnt that mean that I would turn off "live" protection and the AV would only be an on demand AV?

13. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

No, I believe this means that after an update DrWeb usually scans any open/running programs with the new sigs. I posted a question on the DrWeb forum about this to verify but no reply as of yet.

14. sukarof

Ahh....I see. Thanks for the info. http://ganjataz.com/01smileys/images/smileys/OdBall-thatworks2.gif

15. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Got the following reply at DrWeb forum:

>>Disable "Scan running program and modules" option in Spider Guard Settings Dialog box.
    >
    >Does this make DrWeb less secure?

Yes.

>I assume that this function scans only running apps after updating, is that correct?

Yes, it scans running processes and loaded libraries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.