Dropper.Mkar.e

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by mick92z, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Hi there,yesterday a scan with Avg 7.5 (paid version ) found C:\MAGIX\Media_Manager\QMP2DC.DLL -> Dropper.Mkar.e : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
    C:\MAGIX\aclab2005_dlx\mxcdr\CDR_MediaManager\QMP2DC.DLL -> Dropper.Mkar.e : Cleaned with backup (quarantined). Unfortunately I later deleted the threat. I did a search for any info, and found almost nothing, one of the three hits, was from someone in Germany.He found the same threat, using Avg in the same program,

C:\MAGIX\Fotos _auf_CD_45 \ mxcdr \ CDR_MediaManager \ QMP2DC.DLL - > Dropper.Mkar.e: No action accomplished.
    C:\MAGIX\Video _deLuxe_2005_2006_SE \ mxcdr \ CDR_MediaManager \ QMP2DC.DLL - > Dropper.Mkar.e: No action accomplished.
    C:\MAGIX\mp3 _maker_2005_SE \ CDR_MediaManager \ QMP2DC.DLL - > Dropper.Mkar.e: No action accomplished.
    C:\MAGIX\mp3 _maker_2005_SE \ QMP2DC.DLL - > Dropper.Mkar.e: No action accomplished.
    Does this sound odd to anyone ? Today I found a few more hits, Avg seems to appear a lot,although all threads are foreign , and translation is poor.I am really hoping this could be a false positive and I would really appreciate anybody's opinion. A scan after deletion with Nod32 revealed no threats but said C:\MAGIX\Media_Manager\hrpjna01.dat »WISE »cc3250mt.dll - archive damaged, I don't need the program so I've deleted that too. Many thanks for any opinions Mick

2. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Yes, this is a false-positive. We will fix it soon with the next upcoming signature update.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

3. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Thanks very much for the response, very much appreciated.Have a nice weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.