Dropped into Trial-mode

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Littlemutt, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I installed the full trial a few days ago, and when the issue about the lack of reports not being generated arose, I removed AVG-anti-spy to try out some other software.

I find that most 'others' don't support Firefox, or will in the future...

Now today I re-install AVG deciding to test some more and await a possible fix soon to the reporting issue. But now... AVG is no longer in 'full-trial' but has reverted to 'free version'.

Anyway to to get full-trial running short of purchase ? I hate the idea of buying something that is not fully functional. I do understand that all software has problems, but something like 'report-generation' when its part of the 'feature-set' does not work, does not much encourage a purchase.

I know its been stated will be fixed in the next release.. great..when is that 'guesstimate'? The 'next release' could be a month or later this year....

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is simply how it acts and I don't think we can change it . You shouldn't have removed it if you want to try it :)

May be the tech support can help you and somehow providing you with real key but valid for 30 days . I am not sure if it is possible but you can try .
  3. Londonbeat

Londonbeat Registered Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Unfortunately you only get one shot, so if you uninstall it or even if it incorrectly drops to trial after only a couple of days you've lost trial for good, they don't provide a trial key anymore. :ouch:
    If you ever need to reinstall windows in the near future you'll be able to trial it again afterwards. ;)

4. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Thanks guys, I was only trying to prevent conflicts. :(
  5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.